New Herbie's "stuff"...Thanks!

InfernoSTi

New Herbie's "stuff"...Thanks!
« on: 2 Jul 2012, 03:14 am »
Steve,

It was a pleasure to meet you the other day...I wanted to say thank you for the various items.  They have been really nice in my system. 

The UltraSonic Rx tube dampeners on all my tubes (DAC and 2A3 amp) made a difference...oddly, I wasn't thinking they did very much until the last one went on the DAC and it all came together nicely.  The clarity and smoothness, particularly on the upper end, is greatly enhanced. 

The Tenderfoot and SuperSonic Stabilizer for my tube DAC combined with the tube dampener is very nice (I kind of put them all in together so I don't have much to say separately other than what I mentioned above). 

I did use the extra think Grungebusters under my Squeezebox Touch, Mac Mini, and external HDD.  However, the HDD became very vibration filled when I did that...hmmm....so I took it off and it was coupling to the stand so I thought about it a bit and tried an experiment.  I placed it on a small block of wood which I placed in a small bed of sand and then I used the Grungebusters underneath that.  It seemed to couple with the wood and dissipate the vibration into the sand (it was the smoothest I'd felt it yet) and then the box of sand was decoupled from everything else, too.  Kind of silly but it seems to work best. 

Anyway, thanks a bundle! 

Best,
John