Polarity and mono switches

Will_PWR

Polarity and mono switches
« on: 12 Oct 2009, 02:45 pm »
I note that none of the new Bryston gear have mono/stereo nor polarity switches.  I found those 2 features really usefull in the BP20 I used to have many years ago.

Is this something that could possibly be added as a software update to the B100 integrated, and accessed via the remote?

95Dyna

Re: Polarity and mono switches
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:58 am »
Hi Will,

I have a BP26P (moving magnet phono stage only) new this year and it has both stereo/mono and polarity switches on the front panel.  I know the BP26MC (moving magnet and moving coil phono stage) does not have the stereo/ mono switch as it is replaced by a MM/MC phono stage switch.

Bill

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2009, 12:03 pm »
I note that none of the new Bryston gear have mono/stereo nor polarity switches.  I found those 2 features really usefull in the BP20 I used to have many years ago.

Is this something that could possibly be added as a software update to the B100 integrated, and accessed via the remote?

I Will,

I will ask engineering - we might be able to do that.

james

Will_PWR

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2009, 02:31 am »
Hi Will,

I have a BP26P (moving magnet phono stage only) new this year and it has both stereo/mono and polarity switches on the front panel.  I know the BP26MC (moving magnet and moving coil phono stage) does not have the stereo/ mono switch as it is replaced by a MM/MC phono stage switch.

Bill

Doh!  That's the only model I did not bother to check because it is out of my price range.

Thanks for the info.

Will_PWR

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2009, 02:33 am »

I Will,

I will ask engineering - we might be able to do that.

james

Thanks James.  Looking forward to your reply via engineering.  That would be excellent news if possible. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2009, 02:09 pm »
Hi,

I checked with engineering and it is not possible to invert phase on the B100.

james

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:01 pm »
James, why doesn't the BP6 have these switches? Is it not cost effective?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:41 pm »
James, why doesn't the BP6 have these switches? Is it not cost effective?

Correct-the BP6 was an attempt to provide the same quality of sound as the BP26 but at a much lower price point so every penny matters.

james