968s time and phase coherent?

PaulFolbrecht

968s time and phase coherent?
« on: 6 Nov 2006, 05:04 am »
Just wondering.  They have 1st-order crossovers so they could be.  Not touted to be, of course.

Anybody else think Hyperion would look a lot more professional if their website had any real detail to it?  Details of speaker design (other than the small blurbs about their drivers), goals, etc?  This stuff must exist - they designed the speakers, right?  Why isn't it on the website?  Look at the sites of other companies that are passionate about their speakers in comparison - Thiel, Green Mountain, Wilson, etc., etc.  I'm not bashing them, I'm trying to help.

malcolmsmith

Re: 968s time and phase coherent?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2006, 06:56 pm »
I agree with your comments about more information/technical information being available on Hyperion web site,I for one would find it most interesting and I think many others would.Also agree it would give Hyperion a more "proffesional" image which they surely merit.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2006, 09:35 am »
Yes, the 968 should be time and phase coherent as much as you can do with a 1st order cross over.   English is their second language so lack of technical info may be partly related to that.  It still a new company so they still need time to evolve.

ndeslions

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2006, 10:43 am »
Just ordered one pair of 968 and also a pair of HT88, i will compare them with my 938 and Nuforce Ref9SE.

roark

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2006, 05:22 pm »
That should be interesting.  Please keep us posted!! Thanks!!!

PaulFolbrecht

« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2006, 06:33 am »
Just ordered one pair of 968 and also a pair of HT88, i will compare them with my 938 and Nuforce Ref9SE.

You ordered the 968s unheard?  Seems that way from your post.  If so - wow - that's ballsy!  :D

One Hyperion dealer whom I shall not name told me that he thought the 968s were "not much better" than the 938s.

In any case, despite the 1st-order crossovers, it seems that t&p coherence is *not* a design goal of Hyperion.  Or, if it is, they hide it well.  They don't tout it.  Which would be *very* odd, as, if you're doing it, it's quite silly not to tout it - it's very rare in the industry and no small feat.

ndeslions

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2006, 12:59 pm »
I am a dealer so yes i ordered without listening, i trust ppl at Hyperion, listened to a lot of their products and was never disapointed.
I use the 938 in my personal system and i will test the 968 there.

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 6 Dec 2006, 02:49 am »
Regarding dealers,

Any dealers who want to post in this forum, please explicitly state who you are.  It is my fault for not posting my original welcome thread as a sticky.  I explicitly stated that dealers need to state their identity (ie, that you are a dealer and not a private owner).  This oversight has been corrected.  Ndeslions, I know you did not deliberately hide that you are a dealer - like I said it's my fault. :duh:  Your experience with the 968 is still very welcome.

ndeslions

« Reply #8 on: 6 Dec 2006, 03:13 pm »
Well i understand even if my posts here are not directly related to my business.

ndeslions

« Reply #9 on: 12 Dec 2006, 07:20 pm »
One Hyperion dealer whom I shall not name told me that he thought the 968s were "not much better" than the 938s.

I do not agree.
The 938 are already great but the 968 is definitely better to my ears.
Try to audition the 968 :D