Eichmann Series 2 Cables reviewed by Positive Feedback

Jon L

Oh well
« Reply #20 on: 1 Apr 2004, 01:28 am »
Zybar, I'm amazed you are getting Sonoran speaker cables (I assume they are "Plateau" series).  I didn't think people knew about them.

I only mention it b/c my current speaker cables are the very Origianl Sonoran Desert Signatures, the one that put them on the map with Bound for Sound, etc.  I have no idea if Plateaus sound different, but I can guess it'll deliver the full harmonic pallette. Being solid core copper with heavy shielding, they have that luscious tone, but probably not for audiophiles who demand the Nth degree of extension.

Mad Dog, I really need to try the SST now.  Have you confirmed if it's totally Reversible (with alcohol maybe) if you don't like its effects?  

I would hate to spend more money this week on SST as I've bought the 2 IC's, bought some sound foams (thanks John Castler), and am working on getting some Hubbell IG5362 AC outlets Cryo'd (which supposedly sound better than ACME silver-plated cryo outlets I have now).  

Oh, I also picked up some Record Research Labs "Shine Ola" CD cleaning/Rx, which you must try some time.  It's a favorite of Dave Clark's.

srclose

« Reply #21 on: 1 Apr 2004, 01:56 am »
Has anyone compared the SST with the Mapleshade SilClear?  It sounds like they are intended to be comparable products, and the Mapleshade is about half the cost of the SST.

Mad DOg

« Reply #22 on: 1 Apr 2004, 02:17 am »
Quote from: zybar
Did you try the magic elixir I told you about?  Curious if you get the same results...

George

not yet...but will definitely try it out...gonna be moving within the next month so i won't be trying out the magic elixir until after that...

bambadoo

« Reply #23 on: 1 Apr 2004, 08:34 am »
Great review. Interesting as we were 3 audiophiles that did a AC cable shootout the other day.
The cables involved were
Eichmann AC
Clou Cable
Nordost Shiva
DIY Double screened cable
DIY Svalander cable

One of us was really sceptic to the diy cables, but they were good.
In fact the diy double screened cable was the best of them all. With Eichmann and Nordost as a tie for the second place. The clou cable was not good at all.

BTW. I am testing the Eichmann Digital 75 ohm series 2 cable between my cd transport and audionote dac, and it seems like a really nice cable. I havent been able to do a shootout between different cables, but I really like the transparent sound of it.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #24 on: 1 Apr 2004, 03:29 pm »
Quote from: srclose
Has anyone compared the SST with the Mapleshade SilClear?  It sounds like they are intended to be comparable products, and the Mapleshade is about half the cost of the SST.

Given the association of Mapleshade and Dr. Walker on their Omega Mikro cables, I think it possible that SST and Silclear IS the same thing.

Mad DOg

« Reply #25 on: 1 Apr 2004, 06:27 pm »
Quote from: bambadoo
DIY Double screened cable...

do you have the recipe?

...With Eichmann and Nordost as a tie for the second place...

Good to hear this...

thanks for sharing the results of your comparison!

Mad DOg

« Reply #26 on: 1 Apr 2004, 06:30 pm »
Quote from: zybar
...On a different note, where can you get the Eichmann products?

finally found the link...

http://www.themusic.com/gear/sub_list.cfm?shop=gear&id=36

bambadoo

« Reply #27 on: 1 Apr 2004, 07:55 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
DIY Double screened cable...

do you have the recipe?

...With Eichmann and Nordost as a tie for the second place...

Good to hear this...

thanks for sharing the results of your comparison!

A note here: None of the cables were broken in. Maybe the Eichmann do need more time than the others.
I will post the recipie. In short the idea comes from a high end freak in Norway who postet this a while ago in a Norwegian forum.
He plays with avantgarde acoustics trio. He calls himself iron-leif on audioasylum.com. Many people there have tried this cable with great success.

The cable is quite simple. A double screened cable bought from www.rs-components.com  
The art. number is 379-671

The cabel is twisted.
The screen should only be connected at one end.

Buy some good connectors and be prepared. The cable is really good, and cheap.  

Best Regards