Audio Gathering - Oct. 27th - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1pm

shadowlight

Everyone is invited to Audio Gathering at our place in Princeton, NJ. If you would like to attend please post in the thread or send me a PM. If you are coming from out of town and need a place to stay look for hotels in 08540 or 08852.

I would like to thank Lampizator Pure Audio Project, Hattor Audio for providing equipment and Qobuz for providing access to Hi-Res streaming service for the event.

Equipment on hand for the gathering is still being finalized but here is my understanding on what is likely to make an appearance for folks to listen to.

Lampizator - Pacific DAC

Lampizator - Golden Atlantic

« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2018, 10:00 pm by shadowlight »

shadowlight

Pure Audio Project - Quintet 10

Pure Audio Project - Quintet 15

Pure Audio Project - Trio15

shadowlight

Hattor Audio - Passive Preamp

Hattor Audio - NC500 Integrated Amplifier (TBD)[size=78%] [/size]

Hattor Audio - NC500 Tube Buffered Integrated (TBD - If ready in time)
[/size]

shadowlight

Qobuz has agreed to provide demo account for the event, so in addition to music that folks are likely to bring we have a treasure trove of music available via Qobuz Hi-Res.

I would like to thank David Solomon (Qobuz - Cheif Hi-Res Music Evangelist) for making it possible.

jriggy

Golden Atlantic Plus??
I know the Atlantic is considered “Atlantic Plus” when has tube recti. And I thought the GA was standard with tube recti, so what makes a GA “Plus”??

shadowlight

Golden Atlantic Plus??
I know the Atlantic is considered “Atlantic Plus” when has tube recti. And I thought the GA was standard with tube recti, so what makes a GA “Plus”??

It's possible that I might have misheard Fred (@Gopher) but I will let him confirm if I did or not and provide any details on GA+ if I heard him correctly :)

Gopher

A big thank you to Deepak for taking the initiative of getting this posted while I was out of town!  It should be a splendid event as always, I'm sure.

As a gentle point of clarification, I'll be bringing my lowly old Golden Atlantic.   While there isnt a GA+ yet, if we ever launch one, well be sure to bring it to D's house!   :lol:

Can't wait for this event with such a wonderful host, family and home.

shadowlight

A big thank you to Deepak for taking the initiative of getting this posted while I was out of town!  It should be a splendid event as always, I'm sure.

As a gentle point of clarification, I'll be bringing my lowly old Golden Atlantic.   While there isnt a GA+ yet, if we ever launch one, well be sure to bring it to D's house!   :lol:

Can't wait for this event with such a wonderful host, family and home.

Thx Fred, for clarifying.  First post updated.

shadowlight

Event is about a month away.  Please send me PM or post in the thread if you plan to attend.

Gopher

Fun Announcement....

We will be bringing a working protoype of the upcoming Pacific integrated amplifier to this event to be seen by the public for the firs time.  The formal launch of this product will be in February, but this will be a sneak peek at what is the best amplifier we at Lampi have experienced.   

Stay tuned!   :popcorn:

Fred

shadowlight

Re: Audio Gathering - Oct. 27th - Princeton NJ - Start Time - 1pm
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2018, 12:02 am »
Fun Announcement....

We will be bringing a working protoype of the upcoming Pacific integrated amplifier to this event to be seen by the public for the firs time.  The formal launch of this product will be in February, but this will be a sneak peek at what is the best amplifier we at Lampi have experienced.   

Stay tuned!   :popcorn:

Fred

Hopefully, I will get a chance to listen to both the Pacific and the integrated.  Usually too busy running around keeping the 3 rooms running.

For anyone else who is thinking about attending and are sitting on the fence it should be a good event to attend, but please let me know before end of day Friday.  Currently, we have 48 confirmed folks attending and I plan to put the order in for food on Saturday.  Getting an accurate head count would help.  My worst nightmare is that we run out of food and drinks before the event is over  :duh:

shadowlight

« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2018, 06:10 am »
I have sent out the relevant information via PM to everyone who had said they planned to attend.  If you I missed you please let me know and I will send the information along.  We have 70 people currently confirmed to be in attending.

Gopher

« Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2018, 01:10 am »
A sneak peek at the Pacific Integrated Amplifier which we will be debuting on Saturday...

jriggy

« Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2018, 12:47 pm »
Fred,

Can you share any details / basic specs on this integrated??
I’m guessing it’s int only w/out an internal DAC or is it an all in one?

Gopher

« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2018, 01:57 pm »
There is no DAC in this unit--it is a powerful integrated amplifier at about 300wpc into 8ohm.    The design was a collaborative effort between Taras, a very talented engineer who has been on the Lampi team since the company started and Lukasz.  It started as a fun project to keep them busy and rapidly became too good not to make a product.  In fact, not only is it the first solid state piece we believe deserving of the LampizatOr name, but it jumps right to the top of the food chain in the statement "Pacific" series.

We've compared it to some heavy hitters and it hasn't been a contest.   I don't believe I've heard a better amplifier--certainly not in my home and I've owned some nice stuff over the years.

We're looking forward to presenting it tomorrow!

wisnon

« Reply #15 on: 29 Oct 2018, 10:12 am »
So, how was the SS amp performing this weekend?

jriggy

« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2018, 01:45 pm »
Yes, inquiring minds want to know... and also how’s that Hattor passive?

Gopher

« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2018, 02:41 pm »
First off, I want to thank Deepak again for hosting a wonderful event!  Thank you for being such a fabulous host and welcoming us audio nerds to spend the day with you and your beautiful family in your wonderful home.

Here are some pictures for now--more to come:

I think the event was a great success.  All three systems sounded really great and captivating. 

Working from the top down the Golden Atlantic room on the third floor was a total sleeper!  We had really wonderful, intimate big sound in that relatively small space that was exciting and emotional.  It was also my first experience playing with Qubuzz which is really awesome.

On the main floor the Big 7 (generation 6) did a wonderful job playing with the 10 inch driver PAP speakers in the living room and the integrated by Hattor.

In the basement we had some minor difficulty starting the day, but after making some adjustments and playing around with the PAP speaker configuration (modular speakers are cool!)  things really shined.  Once the field coils went in the Pacific DAC and amplifier were able to show case their capabilities and we all had a lot of fun.

Thanks to all who attended.  I hope you guys enjoyed the day as much as we did.

Fred 

shadowlight

« Reply #18 on: 31 Oct 2018, 12:19 am »
Additional Pictures from the event - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BCLD6O9mqoyQ-vsJ_SaqFUJjfWcSHri6

I still need to sit down and write up my listening impression, hopefully tomorrow.