Welcome to GAS

sturgus

Re: Welcome to GAS
« Reply #320 on: 3 Mar 2017, 05:09 am »
Welcome aboard  :thumb:. When you're headed this way just let us know so we can roll out the welcome mat.
Sturgus

stuck_limo

« Reply #321 on: 22 Jul 2017, 01:30 am »
Hey guys, new to the community from Springfield, MO. I like headphones and Marantz, Yamaha, Wharfedale and Monitor Audio gear. I'm working on getting some Adam A7x or A77x powered speakers. Usually I go to Kansas City for concerts, but sometimes St. Louis, depending.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #322 on: 22 Jul 2017, 08:23 pm »
Welcome!  I'm in Springfield for a few days right now.  Based in Rolla.

justauby

« Reply #323 on: 23 Jan 2018, 04:24 pm »
Hello All,
My name is Justin and I'm glad to be here.  I'm 30 years old and live in St. Charles, Mo.  I've been into Hifi for about 6 years now and have had a lot go through my system in that time.  My current setup is listed below.  I'm very much into the DIY stuff and am close to finishing my next system.  Looking forward to possibly having some meetups in the future and listening to others sound. 

Stereo:
Corner loaded Radian 5215Be's
PS Audio Direct Stream Junior (Roon Endpoint)
PS Audio BHK Signature Preamplifier (ordered)
Hypex Ncore NC400 Mono Block Amplifiers

I plan to go active on the crossovers this year after taxes :)  I want to order some Marchand XO's and then Bi-amp the Hi/Low.  Looking at going with a 300b for the highs but costs may be prohibitive.  I'm normally a horn guy but wanted to try the Coaxials out and haven't been let down yet.  One day i want to build a Klipsch Jubilee set with the K-402 and Jub bass cabinet.  That is the dream.  Look forward to talking and discussing with everyone.

-Justin

Scott F.

« Reply #324 on: 23 Jan 2018, 07:06 pm »
Welcome aboard Justin!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #325 on: 23 Jan 2018, 08:14 pm »
Welcome!  :thumb:

Cz606

« Reply #326 on: 30 Dec 2018, 04:59 am »
Hi everyone. My name is Christian and I’ve been into audio for about two years now. Most of my gear so far has been high powered solid state receivers from the 1970s and, while they look really cool, I have recently acquired some Klipsch speakers so will probably start dabbling into lower powered pieces soon. I’ve met a few of you all around town the past few years, including Dave today, and look forward to meeting others.

Blackmore

« Reply #327 on: 30 Dec 2018, 02:26 pm »
Glad you've joined us as GAS.  And watch out for Dave; he'll have you spending your money way too fast.   :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #328 on: 30 Dec 2018, 02:53 pm »
Welcome!  :thumb:

Cz606

« Reply #329 on: 30 Dec 2018, 03:00 pm »
Thanks for the welcome messages. Funny you mention about Dave and spending on audio equipment as I bought a pair of speakers from him yesterday and will probably be back soon to buy something that will drive them better than my current setup. :)

daves

« Reply #330 on: 30 Dec 2018, 07:03 pm »
Welcome Justin and Christian! As Mark noted, I like folks looking for tube amps.  :lol:

sturgus

« Reply #331 on: 31 Dec 2018, 05:26 am »
Welcome to the madness :green: Oh yeah, stay away from that Dave guy.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #332 on: 1 Aug 2019, 09:53 pm »
Hello everyone,

I retired on March 31 and moved to Columbia in April. After a fairly major remodeling project, I'm finally getting settled in my new to me house and have the audio system up and running. I'm still fine tuning the speaker location and I need to look into some room treatments.

I'm interested in participating in any events you have. I also want to taste some of Bob in St. Louis' famous BBQ that I have observed in the culinary circle. :drool:

If you are headed this way let me know.

M I Z

Laura

Blackmore

« Reply #333 on: 1 Aug 2019, 11:29 pm »
Congratulations on your retirement and move to Columbia. Hope to see you soon at some of the GAS listening sessions. 

Mark

Scott F.

« Reply #334 on: 1 Aug 2019, 11:54 pm »
Congrats Laura! Hope to see you sometime soon at an event  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #335 on: 2 Aug 2019, 03:25 am »
I'm interested in participating in any events you have. I also want to taste some of Bob in St. Louis' famous BBQ that I have observed in the culinary circle. :drool:

If I ever have a BBQ bash, you'll definitely get an invite.  :wink:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #336 on: 2 Aug 2019, 02:50 pm »
Thanks Scott and Bob. I look forward to seeing you guys soon. Happy listening and eating.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #337 on: 2 Aug 2019, 09:37 pm »
Congratulations on your retirement and move to Columbia. Hope to see you soon at some of the GAS listening sessions. 

Mark

Thanks Mark. Be sure to let me know when the next one is scheduled. Do you get back to Columbia?

Blackmore

« Reply #338 on: 2 Aug 2019, 10:21 pm »
Yes my Mom still lives on the southwest side of town. I’m in town this weekend for a Mizzou band reunion.
Let me know if you’d like a vinyl shopping trip to St. Louis. There’s also a fun shop In Jefferson City too.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #339 on: 2 Aug 2019, 10:48 pm »
Yes my Mom still lives on the southwest side of town. I’m in town this weekend for a Mizzou band reunion.
Let me know if you’d like a vinyl shopping trip to St. Louis. There’s also a fun shop In Jefferson City too.

I'll let you know. Thanks