UPDATED MANIC MOOSE MANUAL NEEDED!

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
UPDATED MANIC MOOSE MANUAL NEEDED!
« on: 18 May 2022, 02:43 am »
I’m trying, in vain, to get a reply from Anyone about how to remove songs from my favourites list.
The manual online was written when the BDP-2 was  current! I’m using the 3.14.
 There’s no mention of a favourites list, let alone how to edit one!
If I play a song from my favourites, and deselect it, by selecting the star that made it a favourite, that does remove it.  However, that only  works if you can play it first!!….How about not having to play it, to remove it??!
I have songs in my favourites, that I can’t play, but they’re there since I first added them, and now not accessible through the list! Can’t play them and can’t remove them! Frustrating to say the least! :duh:
Someone needs to look at the manual and bring it up to date….PLEASE!

Help anyone !?

By the way... no scratch disc is needed or used anymore, but that’s still in the manual!

Clive197

Re: UPDATED MANIC MOOSE MANUAL NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2022, 08:15 am »
Hi
Having had the same issue with my BR-20 not being able to delete any item from favourites, I have found a work-around.
I use Qobuz and have the app on my iPad and phone. So I go into the app and add or delete items on favourites so that when I go into MM I can see the changes made and play accordingly. Not ideal but it works.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2022, 10:35 am »
I will ask Chris to respond.

james

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2022, 11:32 am »
Thanks James.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2022, 12:15 pm »
Hi
Having had the same issue with my BR-20 not being able to delete any item from favourites, I have found a work-around.
I use Qobuz and have the app on my iPad and phone. So I go into the app and add or delete items on favourites so that when I go into MM I can see the changes made and play accordingly. Not ideal but it works.

Thanks for your input. I’m not using a streaming service, and won’t be anytime soon, so that work-around doesn’t apply in my case.

I think I now understand why this issue isn’t getting any attention! Most users have this work-around available to them so they don’t bother with the issue.
Streaming through a subscription service is an added cost that shouldn’t be a fix for an inherent problem in the supplied software. Especially at this level of quality and price.

The topic is really meant to address the outdated and missing information in the MM manual.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Anxious to hear from other users on this topic.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2022, 01:49 pm »
I will ask Chris to respond.

james

Any progress on this ? Thanks!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2022, 12:44 pm »
Any progress on this ? Thanks!

At this point i don't think there will be an updated Manic Moose manual as we are trying to focus on a completely new platform.

Chris

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2022, 01:01 pm »
At this point i don't think there will be an updated Manic Moose manual as we are trying to focus on a completely new platform.

Chris

I fully understand,  but the question/ problem remains…..
How is the favourites list edited or deleted? Should have been in the manual from the beginning don’t you think?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2022, 02:20 pm »
I fully understand,  but the question/ problem remains…..
How is the favourites list edited or deleted? Should have been in the manual from the beginning don’t you think?

editing a playlist requires loading the playlist and editing it in the "now playing" menu, you can drag the tracks by the playlist number.

when you save a playlist you can also select an existing playlist and this will give you additional options

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2022, 02:26 pm »
Thanks Chris, but that part I know.
It’s the favourites list I’m talking about.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2022, 03:06 pm »
I see yes, that one was a bit of an over sight on my part, my original thinking was you could unfavorite it while it plays and it hadn't occurred to me well what if someone moves or removes the original file and never got around to fixing it.  I'll try to get to it in the near future.

Chris

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2022, 05:43 pm »
Many thanks Chris ✌🏻

steveoat

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2022, 10:45 pm »

Chris

This is very welcome news.  Can you share any info regarding features.  I hope that it will include the ability to read pdf booklets, the ability to display front and back album covers (like Aurender does), and the ability to show individual art work for each album in a box set.  Thanks,

Bruce