Any owners of the Spirit 75 digital coax?

jtcf

Any owners of the Spirit 75 digital coax?
« on: 29 Apr 2023, 12:11 am »
I'm in need of a new digital coax for between a Cambridge CXC and AudioMirror Tubadour. The Silnote Morpheous lll has been perfect until I began using more sensitive Zu speakers. Now the vocals are "in your face" though every other frequency except those in the presence region remain just perfect for my taste - detailed, excellent timbre,good separation.
  I have two TWL pcs now (love them!)Also a pair of Spirit ICs which I'm not using currently so I tried using one as the digital coax.Interesting!The vocals receded back where they belong but everything else is much too warm and pleasant.Detail and proper timbre is obscured. So I am wondering if the Spirit 75 will bring back the missing detail and timbre and do right by the vocals.Yes I realize I can buy and return, but I'd like to hear some thoughts from experienced owners. Thanks for reading.

Triode Pete

Re: Any owners of the Spirit 75 digital coax?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2023, 05:04 pm »
The standard "Spirit" or "Spirit II" RCA interconnects are designed as analogue interconnects, not as a the precise 75 ohm DIGITAL S/PDIF "Spirit 75" cable. The "Spirit 75" is a very balanced and natural sounding...

Just sayin'...

Cheers,
Pette

jtcf

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2023, 05:48 pm »
I know that. It's interesting to hear what an analog cable does as a digital cable. Once in a while they actually sound good.I can't find any info/owners impressions on the Spirit 75 so thought I'd inquire here.I'm extremely happy with the TWL pcs on my transport and dac.

jandrews

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2023, 05:59 pm »
I’m using a TWL Spirit 75 digital coax cable between my DDC and DAC.  I purchased it 2nd-hand from the original owner.  It’s been a superb addition to my digital streaming set up.  I can’t say it did anything specifically to vocals but since I was coming from a toslink (glass) connection to the TWL coax cable, the audio presented as richer and more full bodied… natural and very engaging.  Very happy with it!
I also purchased a new TWL Freedom Ethernet cable directly from Pete a few months ago and, it too has been a noticeable improvement in my growing system.
Next up will be some TWL speaker cables to replace the Supra’s I’m using now
JS

jtcf

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2023, 12:09 am »
Thanks JS:-)

dflee

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2023, 01:14 am »
I have one of TWLs digital cable and enjoyed it in the system. It took a cable at 4 times it’s price to replace it. It is a very competent piece. Even though I have a different cable I have kept Pete’s here.

Don

jtcf

« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2023, 02:49 pm »
Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.