Acoustic Zen Adagio - advice requested

iowa

• Brennan B2>TDAI 1120>Sierra 1> T-Zero(2)
Acoustic Zen Adagio - advice requested
« on: 24 Oct 2023, 02:33 pm »
Hi, I ran across a pair of these fairly close to me. All of the reviews I read were more than 10 years old. Does anyone have experience with these speakers? I’m interested in how they sound at low volume and overall perception.

My room is 10.5’ x 14.5’ x 8’. Carpeted floor and no current treatments. I have a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 that I use to stream Spotify and Tidal. I also have a Brennan B2 that I use as a music server for ripped FLACs. I’m looking to replace my Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1s.

Thanks in advance.

dflee

Re: Acoustic Zen Adagio - advice requested
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2023, 03:38 pm »
Just read some 2023 literature on them.
Get serial #s and check with Acoustic Zen to see when they were made if you feel the need.
Until an accident blew out a midrange on my speakers (not Acoustic Zen), I was still enjoying them at 20+ years old.
They look to be rubber surrounds but if they are of age and foam may need rebuilding. From what I've read
in reviews, they read pretty well.

Don
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2023, 04:48 pm by dflee »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Acoustic Zen Adagio - advice requested
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2023, 04:20 pm »
I'm not sure how helpful my reply will be, but here goes...

A few years ago at Axpona, I had the opportunity to listen to the Adagio's bigger brothers, the Crescendos, and I was gobsmacked by the music that flowed from them. There were 2 other pairs of speakers at the show that grabbed me by the lapels and wouldn't let go <so to speak>. One was a pair of Daedalus Audio Ulysses, and the other pair was Salk Sound's Exotica 3 speakers.

I didn't buy the Crescendos, but they were one of three pairs that occupied my thoughts for months after Axpona. Ultimately, I bought a pair of Lou's just released Apollo speakers, and have never regretted my decision.

I would expect the Adagio speakers to sound wonderful and to last many years.

Michael