Nearfield Hoyt Bedfords as ear speakers ..booya

tabrink

• lake life is good
Nearfield Hoyt Bedfords as ear speakers ..booya
« on: 28 Aug 2011, 04:36 am »
I posted this earlier in the Discless Circle but what I really realized was that without my friend Louis who made these gorgeous speakers for me I would not have posted this anywhere.
Hoyt Bedfords nearfield are like the most awesome headphone you have ever heard!
Sometimes I look at them and think they must be

:thumb: invisible because this full sound comes from all over the room much like  very expensive ear phones.

I find myself more and more while doing mundane tasks casually listening to my Virtue , Eastern Electric and Hoyt Bedford near field set up. Well I have begun making really cool Spotify playlists by adding "live" after the artist's name. Some really obscure and rare recordings have set my foot tapping.
Very tight exquisitely recorded performances by Zac Brown, Tracey Chapman, Mark  Knofler and my main man Van Morrison.
I encourage folks when working in the wood shop , Photography studio to try some of this "live candy".

akis

Re: Nearfield Hoyt Bedfords as ear speakers ..booya
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm »
Excellent set up and cool looking.Congrats! What is the type o your sub ?
I m pretty much enjoying my s6xrs and I m thinking of a Decware addition. Does anybody experience any Zen recently with omegas ?
Louis warm greetings :wave:

neekomax

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm »
I have a new pair of (heavy) monitors, was wondering what those stands are, how you like 'em, and where you got 'em?

Thanks, and enjoy the new rig... looks great!

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2011, 03:43 am »
 :D
The stands are made by Ascend and are filled with shot!
They are awesome!
The sub is an Infinity with two side firing and 1 downward woofers and very tunable.
It should be named "sleeper".
The accuracy of this system as shown form is punching way way way above its fighting weight.
All power by Virtue!
The sound is almost "real".
And thank you so much.
Tom

Frank I

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2011, 02:46 pm »
Excellent set up and cool looking.Congrats! What is the type o your sub ?
I m pretty much enjoying my s6xrs and I m thinking of a Decware addition. Does anybody experience any Zen recently with omegas ?
Louis warm greetings :wave:

Tom I use both the Taboo with the CSP.2 as a preamp and it sound fantastic with the Super V and should be as nice with the more efficient Hoyt you are using.