SOLD!!! Full System For Sale - McIntosh and B&W

Scott F.

SOLD!!! Full System For Sale - McIntosh and B&W
« on: 30 Mar 2024, 12:42 pm »
Up for sale is the latest iteration of my system, Mac and B&W (amp, pre and speakers). Everything is in fine shape. No major blemishes, dents or scratches. As I’m heading into retirement, I’m getting back into Single Ended Triodes. I’ve had this system for right at 10 years now and it’s been flawless.

Here are the pieces:

Pre - McIntosh C220 tubed pre with tubed phono
Amp – McIntosh MC452, 450wpc
Speakers – B&W 800 Nautilus, Diamond tweeter, Series 1
(nothing else is for sale)

So, here’s the deal…and it’s a good one. Current market has the Pre at ~$3500, the Amp at $5500, and the speakers at ~$9000. All in, that’s $18k. I’m looking to get $12k to a LOCAL buyer in the St Louis Area. I WILL NOT ship any of this gear. It’s too damned heavy and is subject to get destroyed in shipping. I am absolutely FIRM in the pricing as it is priced crazy cheap already. If you know Mac gear, it’s the only one out there that doesn’t depreciate, it appreciates, making it a decent audio investment.

If you are a flipper, there is plenty of meat left on the bone. If you are looking to upgrade, you’re getting a killer deal. If you are from out of town, this price makes it worth the drive (think, fly, rent a truck and drive back). Oh, I’ve got the boxes and pallets for the Mac amp and B&W speakers. Not sure I have the original box for the pre. I might. I’ll have to look in the barn. Oh (2), the boxes and packing materials have been stored in my barn. Expect the smells associated with a barn to be on the boxes. I’ve got all the manuals too. I’ll dig those out.

No pets and a non-smoking home. If you are interested, ping me while it’s still up. In the next month or so, I’ll be pulling the system down and commissioning the new SET system. If you decide you want the system, I’ll hire a couple large humans to carry the amp (150#) and speakers (275# each) up from my basement. It took three of us to get them down the basement. After that, they are yours to deal with….sorry, I’m not as young as I used to be.

Pics

« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2024, 10:05 pm by Scott F. »