Info on early Cizek speakers?

Briant8

Info on early Cizek speakers?
« on: 2 Apr 2017, 03:09 pm »

Hi All,
New to the group, I have an introduction pending. In the meantime, great to meet you all!

I am having a dickens of a time garnering any information regarding a pair of Cizek speakers that I found in a thrift store.
From what I've been able to find, these are very early 1970s (I think) but I can find no references at all to the model number "101B"
They are 19"x10"x10"
And have an 8" woofer And a 2-1/2 tweeter
They are heavily built!

Any help would be great!
I've already combed the sites that I can find, but am happy to be pointed to any other super secret ones! :-)

Thanks in advance for any new information!

Brian
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2017, 07:54 pm by Briant8 »

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
Re: Info on early Cizek speakers?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2017, 03:24 pm »
Welcome Brian!

You might try contacting one of the guys from this thread: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/3126-used-to-work-at-cizek/

I grew up and still live, in Bloomington. One of my neighbors owned Roy's big floor standing multiways.  At the time, they had the best sound I'd ever heard.

Nice find, good luck!

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2017, 04:34 pm »
(http://cizekspeaker.weebly.com/cizek-enterpreises.html)
     Bryant8, after going thru my old mags the closest thing from Cizek would be the Model 1. The dimentions and back are different. After reading Cizeks biography and seeing those pictures of the early prototypes, and seeing that they were made in Indiana proves to me they are a prototype. He later worked for AR then started his own company for real in Mass. where AR is located. Those must predate anything made in Mass. The Model 1 and 2 came about out of Mass. in the later 70's.
    Everything I've read about his speakers was nothing but impressive. About 1979 he came out with these monitors made out of Koa wood from Hawaii to compete with the new monitor era. The KA-1.
     When you look at the drivers their no great shakes, check the tweeter, but you might have a nice rare prototype from Cizek. I have a rare preamp called the Ace Zero Distortion. It's kind of a cheap kit/assembled preamp but thru scanning the internet I found out it was Cizeks favorite sounding preamp and Cizek was blind........take care..Mark Korda

Briant8

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2017, 05:57 am »
Thanks all,
 Been getting some interesting info!