?

bunky

?
« on: 3 Jul 2010, 12:21 pm »
I just recieved a new Basis Plus linestage from Bill Baker a few days ago and wanted to post about my initial impressions when i noticed that Response Audio is now in the Archived manufacturers section ?  :dunno: thanks....WCW III

bunky

Re: ?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2010, 01:06 pm »
OK, I just got a PM from Bill Baker and he explained to me that Audio Circle is for Manufacturers and that Response Audio is no longer a Manufacturer but a retailer. Bill Bakers Purity Audio is now a manufacturer so hopefully Bill will bring it to the Audicircles  :scratch:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2010, 01:26 pm »
 Yes, you are correct. Response Audio is a retail dealer with a commercial showroom. Audio Circle is for manufacturers so we had to make a last minute decision. John removed the Response Circle just prior to us speaking with him about the situation. We have no problem with that.

Purity Audio Design will now manufacture all products that will be sold through Response Audio and other dealers. We are working on a new website.

Nothing is changing in regard to the products that will be showcase in the showroom. We still have the Salk HT2-TL and Clearwave speakers as well. Purity will also be manufacturing the new Basis linestage as well as a new hybrid integrated amplifier along with the Purity Linestages.

We will provide an update once we have all the products on the website.

The only products that will remain under Response Audio is the Clarity Labs line of cables, LS-6/LS-9 crossovers and some modificaton services.

Maybe John will let us come back with Purity Audio Design once we go through the debut process of these new products.

Please don't hesitate to continue with your questions, comments or concerns here on AC. Response Audio's circle may have changed but that does not mean our presence here with our customers and friends has to.

bunky

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2010, 02:17 pm »
I bought a 6SN7 based Musica Bella Basis plus linestage from Bill that he built in a spare aluminum chassis and it was supposed to be No Frills linestage.after i talked to Bill he agreed to add several upgrade options and build it with the three inputs i wanted + two sets of outputs, he also did the internal wiring with premium solid copper/teflon and the day after i ordered it i called Bill and asked him if i could upgrade the Clarity caps in the signal path with a V-Cap teflon bypass. Bill agreed and after a few weeks i now have it in my two channel rig. it is still burning in but it is very nice indeed :thumb: thanks....WCW III