Blusound Node N130 with USB out

Kw6

Blusound Node N130 with USB out
« on: 7 Apr 2022, 02:20 am »
I just got this streamer and so disappointed that it has no Apple music!😞

Craig B

Re: Blusound Node N130 with USB out
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2022, 11:39 am »
Did you not check its specs before purchasing it? I'm sure they listed the services it supports.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2022, 12:19 pm »
Have to use Airplay with the Node.  I considered it, but decided to continue to play with DIY Raspi builds.

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2022, 06:26 pm »
Yeah, it's a minefield out there trying to figure out how an audio product might handle a certain use case when sound quality is a concern. I use Macs and an Apple TV, but Apple Music is not geared towards audiophiles, and Apple's business decision makes sense: 98% of their market for the service is iPhone users listening on earbuds.

So, if sound quality is a concern then perhaps one way to look at it is "the Bluesound Node is telling me something here." If you want good hi-fi streaming without paying for MQA snake oil then you might give Qobuz a try. It does not equal locally stored files on a high-end system (in my apples-to-apples direct experience), but it is overall the streaming service most directly oriented towards audiophiles.

Happy listening.  :thumb:

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2022, 06:34 pm »
Did you not check its specs before purchasing it? I'm sure they listed the services it supports.

Very fair point, but I swear a lot of companies make such information obscure. It seems like they hand things over to "marketing" and those folks will highlight a few points while forgetting to mention the technical details that an informed customer wants to know.

I can't count the number of products that worked just fine with "X" even though "X" was not visible in the product marketing materials.

Forums like this one help diligent folks ferret out the truth from the marketing, but I know that I have hit a dead end in searching for technical info and bought things hoping or assuming they would work with "X" and obviously been disappointed on some occasions.

So it goes, but I sympathize with someone thinking that a Swiss army knife box like a Bluesound Node would likely work with a major, well-known streaming service.

Kw6

« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2022, 02:24 pm »
Yes, over the pass few days read Node can do Apple music over Airplay 2. No biggie as I wanted to join Apple mainly for one Artist "Christy Baron! When my android phone does or my PC will venture over to Apple!🙂