Amps: Sonogy Black Knight MkII, Restored GAS Ampzilla, Musical Fidelity A5 Int

MATT0404

Purging some of my collection to make room (and raise capital) for more. :D

All prices are plus shipping
Local pick up available in NW PA (16323)
Please add 3% for payment via PayPal or send via F&F
Gladly accept other methods of payment

First up is a Sonogy Black Knight MkII.  This amp is quite rare and sounds amazing.  It is a high bias class A/AB amp that puts out 175 wpc.  Great build quality with quality components under the hood.  See my write up here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/rare-gem-sonogy-black-knight-mkii-mini-review-with-pics.811368/

PRICE: $999$949

HR308589 by Audio Database, on Flickr
Sonogy Black Knight Mk II by Audio Database, on Flickr

Next up is a Michael Bettinger restored GAS Ampzilla.  This amp has received the full reference restoration in addition to the JFET input modification.  This amp has been a staple in my home for a few years (that's a LONG time for me) and I never get tired of its sound.  Great bass and the JFET mod improves top end clarity.  Numerous scratches on the exterior of the amp, but this one is all about the sound!

Due to my own stupidity, this amp also has all new output transistors!  Not thinking, I temporarily placed it on the carpet while in use which impeded airflow through the cooling chimney.  This resulted in a blown output transistor.  I took it to a trusted tech and had all the output transistors replaced and also had him replace all of the old Fairchild input transistors.  Receipt for the repair included.

PRICE: $750 SOLD

HR308576 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308577 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308578 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308580 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308581 by Audio Database, on Flickr

Lastly is a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp.  This is a one box beast!  250 wpc into 8 ohms and 400 wpc into 4 ohms.  4 pair of line level inputs, 1 MM phono input and 1 HT direct input.  Comes with remote control.  Very solid build quality on this piece.  This is a great integrated for those looking for the convenience of an integrated amp with the power and sound quality of separates.  Please note one small scratch on top of the faceplate.  See pics.

PRICE: $900 SOLD

HR308563 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308564 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308565 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308567 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308572 by Audio Database, on Flickr
HR308575 by Audio Database, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2018, 12:12 pm by MATT0404 »

Bemopti123

ygpm. Strangely enough the message does not show up in my sent box. :thumb:

MATT0404

MF A5 pending sale.  $50 price reduction on the Sonogy (which is the best amp of the lot).