What speakers have your Visatone B200's replaced?

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com

I was wondering what speakers your Visatone B200's have replaced in your system?

Also, what difference did they make?

If you have another open baffle speaker that has killed some giants feel free to post that as well.

Thanks,

Rocket_Ronny

mcgsxr

Re: What speakers have your Visatone B200's replaced?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2006, 09:41 pm »
A good question, though in my case, I don't think what I killed off were giants.

I have owned, or tried and returned, the following, preferring my OB b200's to all.  I always use a powered sub of some kind, including with most of the below, the RAW HT3 excluded, I ran those alone also.

Totem Rokk
Totem Model 1 (not Signature)
DIY Cable KIT41
Boston Acoustics old monitors, I forget the name
RAW HT2
RAW HT8
RAW HT3

The RAW speakers were generously sent out by Al, and I really liked my time with them, the HT3 especially, but for me, in my room, for the $$ etc, I stuck with my OB DIY freakshow.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2006, 01:34 am »

Thanks for chiming in.

I have heard some of you may have had Maggie 1.6's and then went B200. Was wondering what you thought about the change.

Rocket_Ronny

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2006, 06:44 am »
Hi there! I didn't have Magnepan 1.6's but I had some MG12's.  To be honest, I swapped because I was broke and needed the money.  But before I went ahead with the swap between an Omega A8 clone, and the MG12's, I wanted to make the downgrade less painful.  I figured I was going to get a good set of speakers to make up for my loss.  I read up about the B200's and I really was skeptical because I always had some prejudices about single driver speakers.  But man oh man, when I got the A8 clones, it wasn't a downgrade; it was a horizontal move (yes i lost the insane transparency of the magnepans) but I got an easier to drive speaker that had more...... I can't quite put my finger on it...... the A8 clones had more of a lush presence in my smallish room.  I really REALLy like my A8 clones and am NOT going to sell them because A) they represent such a great value and B) because of the great value; they're not worth much on the market.  I really do suggest you take a listen, but if you can't.  Just go to the Darkstar thread in the RWA forum.  Those guys speak the TRUTH!  I love my B200's they're brilliant. 

Carson