Book: Miles - The Autobiography

rockadanny

Book: Miles - The Autobiography
« on: 2 Dec 2023, 07:27 pm »
Got this for my birthday a few months ago and finally cracked it open. Wow! Tremendous detail of Miles' life, as told by Miles. Super interesting. No holds barred. Gritty. A must read if you are at all interested in his life and what was happening around and during his performances and recordings.  :thumb:
One caveat - if you find the word "mother#####r" too offensive, you won't be able to read even one page of this entire book.  :shh:  (Perhaps an exaggeration as I haven't tried to notice but might not be.)

charmerci

Re: Book: Miles - The Autobiography
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2023, 09:15 pm »
Yeah, I read it ages ago. All I remember is that I was impressed with his candor. If he didn't like someone or something, he certainly told you!  :o :o :o  (This was back in the day when there were a lot of fluff autobiographies.)

Loki57

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2023, 09:24 pm »
I read it years ago. Good read.

andy_c

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2023, 04:16 am »
I got this book a number of years ago.  I was reading it on a plane flight when I got to the part about what I'll call "the mirror incident".  I started laughing really hard.  Someone in another seat asked me what I was reading.  I showed him the book and he gave me a big thumbs up.

I gave my copy to my (now late) neighbor, who was a jazz alto player.  He loved it too, and gave it to a tenor player friend of his.  I don't know where it ended up, but it's provided entertainment for lots of people I suspect.

It's a great read for jazz fans.