Omegastar or the FETValve ?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« on: 2 Jan 2006, 11:15 pm »
what are the differences in sound between the Omegastar and the FETValve line of amplifiers ?
i have the new improved dodd audio entry level preamp and usher 6381 speakers.

marvin

avahifi

« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2006, 01:26 am »
The OmegaStar amplifiers are pretty amazing.  Read Chairguys commens in a thread herein.

However the Fet Vavle Ultra series tube hybrids can do some things the solid state designs cannot, such as reach further into the emotion of musician and provide even more space and system vanishing.  The differences are not huge, but if price is not an object, the Fet Valve equipment wins.

Frank Van Alstine

skrivis

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2006, 02:12 am »
Quote from: avahifi
The OmegaStar amplifiers are pretty amazing.  Read Chairguys commens in a thread herein.

However the Fet Vavle Ultra series tube hybrids can do some things the solid state designs cannot, such as reach further into the emotion of musician and provide even more space and system vanishing.  The differences are not huge, but if price is not an object, the Fet Valve equipment wins.

Frank Van Alstine

One thing I like about my OmegaStar amp is that it never sounds strained. Just easy, effortless power.

"Pretty amazing" is a good description. :) I have a slightly older OS amp, not the latest EX series. I'm completely pleased with it, and actually have no desire to upgrade. It's just right. :)

I've been a customer of Frank's for around 20 years, and I can say that this is equipment that will keep you happy year after year.