L2 Integrated Impressions?

Mitch751

Re: L2 Integrated Impressions?
« Reply #20 on: 5 Dec 2019, 01:44 am »
With the price difference between L2 pre amp vs L2 integrated .... should I go for integrated ? or I should go for L2 pre-amp (I have a pair of ARC M160) for better sound quality, if any ?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #21 on: 5 Dec 2019, 05:01 pm »
Hi lengcm,

Thank you for posting your initial impressions of your L2i-SE!

Hi Mitch751,

There are two ways to go:

1) Go with the L2 Preamplifier to drive your M160s.

2) Go with the L2i-SE, and then you can turn on/off the speaker output stage and compare it to your M160s.
You get more flexibility this way (you can use the L2i-SE as a preamp, or integrated amp). 

In either case above, you will get a significant upgrade compared to your LIO, and you can transfer your LIO DAC 2.0 into either
L2 component. 

If you have additional questions, feel free to email me.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Mitch751

« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2019, 09:06 pm »
 Thank you for the reply , but in term of the preamp sound quality, are they exactly same ? Or L2 is better ?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #23 on: 5 Dec 2019, 09:41 pm »
Thank you for the reply , but in term of the preamp sound quality, are they exactly same ? Or L2 is better ?

Hi Mitch751,

The DHT preamplifier stage in the L2i-SE is very similar in design to the one used in the L2 Signature Preamplifier, but not exactly the same. 

The L2 Signature Preamplifier offers the lowest possible background noise, as it does not contain the L2i-SE's two additional power supplies for the dual-mono speaker output stages.   

Vinnie

Mitch751

« Reply #24 on: 6 Dec 2019, 12:48 am »
Now I fully understand, thank you ... just send you an email

shahed

magnuska

« Reply #26 on: 10 Dec 2019, 07:39 pm »
Thanks Shahed for the pointer.

A truly fantastic review -  When an amp makes you cry it must be special.  :)

Vinnie R.

« Reply #27 on: 11 Dec 2019, 02:34 am »
I've never read such an enthusiastic review about any product: https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2019/12/07/hifi-review-vinnie-rossi-l2i-se-integrated-amp-review-with-dac-a-magical-experience-awaits/

Hi shahed,

You beat me to posting that review - thank you.

Our AZ dealer (Arizona HiFi in Phoenix) recently told us about it, and it was such a pleasant surprise because the we didn't even know it was in the works.  Arizona HiFi let Steve Huff demo the L2i-SE in his home, and after a few days of listening he pulled the trigger on an order for one in black - and added that incredible review to his website:

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/

Quote from: Steve Huff Photo
This amp is no joke. When I first heard the cost of this amp I knew there was no way I would be able to ever acquire one. I also had no idea that it was as good as it actually is. I can say that after listening and listening and listening more now I have realized this integrated amp with DAC is well worth the asking price. It has muscle but also finesse. It pulls details yet does so with elegance and a human touch. It is an expensive amp but sounds every bit of that expense, and that is not always the case with high end audio. It’s an investment but only for those who keep their gear long term. This is not a piece you will buy, tire of in a year and sell. It is a lifetime piece IMO.

This amp took my 30 years of HiFi experience, threw it away and showed me what a well designed “cost no object” integrated amp could sound like. As good as I thought some of my previous systems were, this is next level, for me at least.

The DAC module in this amp (a $3500 extra) is also without question the best DAC I have heard, and yes, DACS sound very different from one another when you start to get into the high end ($2000 and up range). My experience with serious DAC’s range from a PS Audio Direct Stream to a Chord Qutest. The dac in the Rossi amp is much much better in my system.

I also see that he has a good amount of subscribers on his YouTube channel (Steve Huff Photo channel - as he mostly reviews cameras, but there are some videos about hifi as well):
https://www.youtube.com/user/stevehuff1969/videos

A big thank you to Steve for his write up (and Arizona HiFi for allowing Steve to audition their L2i-SE floor model) - I'm really taken back by this one, in a good way!  :o :singing:  :notworthy:

Vinnie

Terence T.

« Reply #28 on: 11 Dec 2019, 09:29 am »
Hi Shahed,

Thank you for your link to a heartwarming and spot-on review by Steve Huff. His review has confirmed my impressions of Vinnie's L2i-SE with the L2 DAC.  :hyper:

Hi Vinnie,
Congratulations to you on another rave review. I believe there will be more in the pipeline. You deserve all the accolades!  :beer:

Terence

KLH007

« Reply #29 on: 11 Dec 2019, 03:05 pm »
Congratulations Vinnie on Steve's surprise review of your L2i-SE, having heard it in the Well Pleased room at the last 2 shows I can only agree with Steve that this integrated (or just the DHT pre) is a very special accomplishment especially conveying emotion and drawing you into the music allowing you to just enjoy the art.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #30 on: 12 Dec 2019, 01:58 am »

Got my L2iSE last night and spent the morning setting up and tweaking.  Absolutely spooky soundstage.  I did a double take and turned my head because it sounded like the sound was coming from behind me.  I have never experienced that before.  I'll elaborate tomorrow; kids are melting down right now and I don't want to lose my photo post :)

gene9p

« Reply #31 on: 12 Dec 2019, 03:03 pm »
beautiful turn back the clock look..congrats!!!

Now you have to get a TT !!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #32 on: 12 Dec 2019, 06:44 pm »
Hey guys,

Thank you all very much!

MP - very nice pic with the Volti Rivals  :drool:

beautiful turn back the clock look..congrats!!!

Now you have to get a TT !!

He has the L2 Phonostage installed, so it's ready to go!  :wink:

Got my L2iSE last night and spent the morning setting up and tweaking.  Absolutely spooky soundstage.  I did a double take and turned my head because it sounded like the sound was coming from behind me.  I have never experienced that before.  I'll elaborate tomorrow; kids are melting down right now and I don't want to lose my photo post :)

The $1,000,000 question is:  Are your kids LOUDER than the VR + Volti system?! :green:

Enjoy it!

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #33 on: 13 Dec 2019, 01:13 am »
I have a turntable in there, under the part on the left, an Acoustic Signature WOW XXL with a Hana SH MC cart. 

The Rivals are sounding their absolute best with the L2iSE, thanks very much!  The kiddos wails may be impressive but I'm pretty sure I can drown them out! :)

sbj23

« Reply #34 on: 13 Dec 2019, 07:46 pm »
Great setup! 

Are you able to speak more to the sonic upgrade from LIO to L2iSE?  Considering the upgrade but it’s quite a financial stretch.  Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #35 on: 14 Dec 2019, 04:58 pm »

A brief teaser video of the L2i-SE from Anthony Kershaw of Audiophilia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOUV_Ra2GL8

:)

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #36 on: 14 Dec 2019, 07:16 pm »
A brief teaser video of the L2i-SE from Anthony Kershaw of Audiophilia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOUV_Ra2GL8

:)

SWEET!

Randy

« Reply #37 on: 14 Dec 2019, 08:17 pm »
Once upon a time I could afford Vinnie's gear, but not any more.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
« Reply #38 on: 15 Dec 2019, 06:13 pm »
Great setup! 

Are you able to speak more to the sonic upgrade from LIO to L2iSE?  Considering the upgrade but it’s quite a financial stretch.  Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

My LIO (+) JA Perspectives was at the time one of the best systems I'd heard.  Then I was ruined by hearing the Volti Rivals at the Tampa Audio Show.  With the LIO, they sounded fantastic.  With the L2iSE, they sound other-worldly.  I too was hesitant to take the financial leap, but I've been a VR acolyte for quite some time, had admired the Red Wine Audio components but was at a point in my life where I couldn't afford them.  The LIO was the first really nice piece of kit I ever bought, and I knew I wouldn't regret a cost-no-object product from Vinnie.  It was 100% worth it.  An absolutely stunning product, and just like finding my very old Martin guitar, I have finally gotten to end game gear.  I won't be making any changes in the near future.  Thanks again Vinnie for an insane product!  :rock:

sbj23

« Reply #39 on: 20 Dec 2019, 07:28 pm »
Thanks @matthewpatrick for the helpful post! 

Any other L2iSE upgrades out there who can provide their impressions of the upgrade?  Thank you!