Tube Biasing a Dynaco ST 70

topround

Tube Biasing a Dynaco ST 70
« on: 22 Sep 2006, 09:50 am »
I just purchased a Dynaco ST 70 with the Van Alstine super upgrade board.
It was purchased 2nd hand but looks new. I am a newbie to the world of tubes and not very tech oriented. Knowing that, how do I bias the tubes on the st70? I hear about it all the time, basically understand what it is, but have no clue at all as to how it is achieved. Can anyone explain to me how this is done? In the simplest of terms please.

Sorry for the silly question.

thanks

mike

rlee8394

Re: Tube Biasing a Dynaco ST 70
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2006, 01:25 pm »
Not a silly question at all.

Original manual found here:

http://www.curcioaudio.com/st7_mnl.pdf

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2006, 01:35 pm »
E-mail me and I will supply you a .pdf copy of the Super 70i user manual which includes detailed bias set instructions.

Why would you go to Curcio Audio for info about our amplifier?

Frank Van Alstine

rlee8394

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2006, 01:48 pm »
Frank,
I only provided just one source of many sites that had the original Dynaco ST-70 manual. The bias info is the same regardless of whether the unit is stock or an AVA model. I originally was going to point him to the rebuild plans for the ST-70 on your site, but thought it would be a bit overwhelming for him based on his previous comments. I though the stock manual would get him up to speed on the biasing issue a bit faster since he asked for the info in the simplest terms possible. I would have sent him a copy of the pdf as well, but I wanted to respect your redistribution policy for any of your documentation that was not available on your site.