EAC & FLAC.....Are they working?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: EAC & FLAC.....Are they working?
« Reply #40 on: 12 Feb 2008, 02:46 pm »
Yes Scott. Between the power supply you got for me and your idea to use the receivers DAC instead of the SB's DAC the little beast is singing loud and proud.
I'd like the folks at Slim forums/Logitech to hear what $21 can do for sound quality. Maybe they're resistance because of a "stubborn pride" issue.  :nono: 
It a difference that doesn't require a card carrying audiophile to hear. It's extremely obvious.

It's enough of a difference that I'd like to have everybody that's heard my system come back over to hear it again.

BIG thanks to you and Bryan for your help. You guys are the best.  :thumb:

Bob

mcgsxr

« Reply #41 on: 12 Feb 2008, 04:39 pm »
Glad that Bob has been able to get it sorted, and is now running with the other kids loving the SB3 in various states of mod.

Personally, I could care less if the manufacturers of products have respect for the aftermarket, they are welcome to come hear my system, and bring a stock SB3.  Should they fail to hear what I hear, I am sure they will see the idiotic grin on my face, that denotes satisfaction with having parted with $$ to improve their excellent little toy, and I would think that all would part ways happy.

ajzepp

« Reply #42 on: 12 Feb 2008, 08:07 pm »
Thanks again, guys...As far as my gear goes to provide a very transparent picture of the recording, it's actually Bryan's fault that my system is currently as good as it is. He (and his accomplice, Glenn K) gave me all sorts of good advice about GIK room treatments, and now I have like 18 of them up in my room  :lol:  Before that, I could hear some differences in gear when I'd swap things in and out, but after putting up the panels things became dialed in to a much greater degree  :thumb:  So now I'm almost walking on eggshells around my system (in a good way) cause I want to make sure whatever I bring into the mix continues to move things forward, you know? Money isn't a huge issue, but I definitely don't have the same level of flexibility that some of you guys do (something I'm very envious of, btw!) with regard to auditioning/swapping out gear.

I think that since it's an education every time I log on here, I'm going to pick up a SB (probably a Duet) to get familiar with it...then add a DAC...then reassess where I'm at. If I'm not happy, I'll send it out for mods and give that a go. By the way, are any of you guys using an upsampler?