Vinnie Rossi - Harbeth - Triode Wire Labs: EarSpace Video from NYAS2018

Vinnie R.

All,

Below is a link to a video shoot taken of our exhibit room at the NYAS2018 show, by Jana Dagdagan of Earspace8)

For those of you who do not know of her, Jana was a full-time staff member at Stereophile (and its sister sites) for 2+ years, where she worked closely with their reviewers bridging the gap between the readers and reviewers through video content.  She has since parted ways with Stereophile to work on her own projects in and out of the audio industry.  With Earspace she is now creating intimate, binaural-recorded videos of listening rooms that not only show viewers the components of the system and the details of the room they are set up in, but also allows her audience to listen in (use a decent pair of headphones!) on what her binaural head “Alfredo” captured in the room.  While this is not a substitute for actually being there, I believe it gets you a lot closer to the real experience.

In this video, Jana thought it would be both interesting and useful to explain some of the acoustics-related issues in setting up a system at an audio show, and the ways I worked on addressing them.  Enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDEXbhtnykI

[BTW, Jana is also a video editor for Darko Audio’s video reviews of audio components.  You can check them out, here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9vcNr41wzKB_bepWGe7wSt2ObUuSw12]

A big THANK YOU to Jana Dagdagan for all her tremendous effort and dedication to her craft - capturing both the binural audio and video so well, understanding the setup challenges and presenting it all in such a refreshing way, and making it happen during such a busy weekend!   :notworthy:

- Vinnie

magnuska

Hi Vinnie, just saw this video and above all listened to it. It was the closest thing to actually be there. Amazing recording.

I listened to it via my studio headphones from Beyer Dynamic and I will also listen again via my homerecording studio with nearfield Adam monitors at very close distance. I guess that would be even better than with headphones.

I just hope that we will see more of this type of videos in the future.

And yes It  got me even closer to descide what to save up for in the future. :)

Regards Magnus

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
A superb job well done by Vinnie & Jana!!! As Jana says, "Bad Ass!"  :thumb:

Thanks for including TWL in the video!

Kindest regards,
Pete

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie, just saw this video and above all listened to it. It was the closest thing to actually be there. Amazing recording.

I listened to it via my studio headphones from Beyer Dynamic and I will also listen again via my homerecording studio with nearfield Adam monitors at very close distance. I guess that would be even better than with headphones.

I just hope that we will see more of this type of videos in the future.

And yes It  got me even closer to descide what to save up for in the future. :)

Regards Magnus

Hi Magnus,

I'm glad you enjoyed it - thank you for your post!  I believe Jana has a fresh perspective with her videos (and the capturing of the audio in them) and a bright future in this industry.  It is going to be fun to watch where she takes things.  I feel the same way about Darko Audio, New Record Day, and others who are putting in a lot of effort with their videos and how they convey information through them. 

Hi Triode Pete,

Many thanks, and thanks again to you for teaming up with me at the NYAS! 

BTW - Sophia's new LP was just reviewed by Michael Fremer:  :thumb:

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/%E2%80%9Cbirdcage%E2%80%9D-sophia-pfister-bears-more-her-soul

Cheers,

Vinnie

joneill

Vinnie,

Thanks. Greater stuff! Also love the Darko interview she edited did at RMAF.

I subscribe to Jana YouTube channel and saw it dropped in her feed. I was a fan of hers at Stereophile and am happy she has spread her wings and off th bigger and better things.

Didn't realize she was editing Darko Youtube channel, but that would explain why his feed is so damn good!

Hope to hear your new L series in the spring in Chicago. Thanks for your great work!

Vinnie R.

Vinnie,

Thanks. Greater stuff! Also love the Darko interview she edited did at RMAF.

I subscribe to Jana YouTube channel and saw it dropped in her feed. I was a fan of hers at Stereophile and am happy she has spread her wings and off th bigger and better things.

Didn't realize she was editing Darko Youtube channel, but that would explain why his feed is so damn good!

Hope to hear your new L series in the spring in Chicago. Thanks for your great work!

Many thanks, joneill!

Jana didn't edit that Darko video of me from RMAF.  That was just a rough cut (they always are if I'm the
one in the video!  :green:)

I'll be at Axpona and the new L2 components will be as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Vinnie