Audio Selection Cones

Tuner

Audio Selection Cones
« on: 8 Aug 2007, 03:37 pm »
I received, but have never installed, the Audio Selection cones underneath my Lorelei’s.  I’m concerned about the ‘stickum’ on the cones not holding them in place if I were to move the speakers around.  Has anyone had this problem when using the cones?  I haven’t looked at the bottom surface of the cabinets, but am assuming there are no threaded receptacles there for spikes / cones.  Has anyone experimented with affixing any other type of spikes or cones underneath their Lorelei’s?

bunky

Re: Audio Selection Cones
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2007, 08:06 pm »
I received, but have never installed, the Audio Selection cones underneath my Lorelei’s.  I’m concerned about the ‘stickum’ on the cones not holding them in place if I were to move the speakers around.  Has anyone had this problem when using the cones?  I haven’t looked at the bottom surface of the cabinets, but am assuming there are no threaded receptacles there for spikes / cones.  Has anyone experimented with affixing any other type of spikes or cones underneath their Lorelei’s?
I used the Adhesive backed Audioselection cones on the bottoms of my Loreleis and they have always stayed in place,even when i have moved them :thumb: thanks....WCW III

mca

« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2007, 08:32 pm »
Bunky is right, they really stick good. I had to use a putty knife to get mine back off.

Tuner

« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2007, 09:29 pm »
Thanks guys.  That's good to know.  Are you using three or four cones per speaker?  I was thinking of using three - two on the rear corners and one front and center.

Also, I'm curious to know if the cones made a noticeable difference in sound quality for you?