NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable

jtcf

Re: NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable
« Reply #80 on: 30 Nov 2020, 06:09 pm »
 :green: :green: :green: :bounce:

jtcf

« Reply #81 on: 26 Jan 2021, 07:21 pm »
Just a quick update. USPS had me a bit stressed when tracking showed it out for delivery and returned to the warehouse again and again, but it arrived unscathed ten days late.After it's long trip it very obviously did not perform fabulously right out of the box as the demo had(which arrived in three days time). Between 25 - 30hrs it began to open up and after around 100hrs it's maybe 75% there.Nonetheless it still sounds like a major component upgrade, just outstanding.Even on less than stellar recordings it's all the more enjoyable to clearly hear what went wrong and how (armchair recording engineer, lol!) I would have made different choices. The timbre and tone are always spot on and the emotion comes through, always.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #82 on: 27 Jan 2021, 12:04 am »
Hi jtcf, thanks for the update!

I also get a little stressed about delivery these days, USPS seems like they caught up after the holidays but they are still running late sometimes. It is much better though, I've see about 1 week delays recently while it used to be much longer.

I am working on ways to fully burn-in cables before shipping them. It will involve a mechanical de-stressing procedure as well as electrical burn-in. My AudioDharma high-power cooker works, but shipping seems to set the cables back quite a bit. Over time demo cables seem to be less effected by shipping and they stay burned-in much better, so I think the mecahnical aspect of burn-in hasn't been recognized by many folks and needs to be accounted for.

jimiles

« Reply #83 on: 25 May 2021, 04:24 pm »
I’m now using a Zen Wave PSR-14 power cable on my Allnic L4000 preamp to great effect.

The noise floor of this cable is absolutely off-chart low. My PS Audio P10 Power Plant reads a vanishingly low .2% THD+N at the output, so you wouldn’t think much could go wrong in the last five feet of cable. You’d be wrong. Music is now set against the blackest background I’ve ever heard from my system.

My speakers are single driver DIY affairs using Tang Band 1772 drivers, and I’d just resigned myself to a certain amount of tizziness. It’s a whizzer cone, right? To my amazement, the PSR-14 on the preamp resolved a majority of those artifacts. Many cables clean things up by sanding down harmonic textures, but so the PSR-14. Tone and texture are still there in spades as you would expect from paper cone drivers. 

Down low, there is some welcome weight to the mid bass. It never feels bloated or ill defined, though. There’s no reason to worry that a 14 AWG cable isn’t delivering enough current to make some first class bass. You will definitely be able to locate the rebel bass!

The PSR-14 was exactly what my preamp needed to perform at its best. Having a ladder DAC with tube output (Aqua LaScala Optologic), a triode preamp (Allnic L4000), and paper cone speakers (Tang Band 1772), I had tone and texture to burn. I went right for the PSR-14.  Others with metal or ceramic drivers and solid state front ends may want to consider auditioning the PCR-14. There’s surely something in the Zenwave stable to match your sonic priorities.

Hats off to Dave for creating a world class power cable. A whole family of them, in fact. I’m definitely eager to start auditioning his DSR and D4 interconnects!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #84 on: 27 May 2021, 03:28 pm »
Hi jimiles, Thanks very much for posting your review, I really appreciate it!  :thumb: