Speaker packing tips

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Speaker packing tips
« on: 3 Apr 2019, 07:06 pm »
Here are some pics of packing the Daedalus speakers.

dodgealum

Re: Speaker packing tips
« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2019, 11:22 pm »
Lou: Glad you shared these--those who read my "review" of the Apollo's know that mine took a long, strange trip from Ferndale to NJ and if it wasn't for the excellent packing I don't know what condition they would have arrived in! Those boxes took quite a beating but the speakers came through it all without a single blemish--I was amazed.

A_shah

« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2019, 12:54 am »
Lou,
thanks ! I took some pictures also when I unpacked them just packing them is what I dread , I will get a friend to help in pack them when I am ready to ship them back for upgrades in their original boxes
I am thinking of August 2019 ?

Asghar

jennifert

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2019, 08:00 am »
Hey, thanks for these tips  :thumb:

fado

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2019, 02:47 am »
When I received my DA-RMa's from you in ~2011 they were wrapped in heavy brown paper and then with the sponge inserts. When I shipped them back to you for the v.2 upgrade the original paper wrap was in pieces so I was going to use large plastic garbage bags but, for some reason, I called you about using them and you said absolutely not. Any plastic in direct contact with the wood finish would mean that you would have to completely refinish then - not just refresh the finish. So, for those who may want to ship older speakers received with paper wrap be aware. I see you are now using cloth bags which will be easier to keep.