Wanted to buy / looking for local artist

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 21 Dec 2003, 03:59 pm »
Greetings everyone,
  Let me start by saying this is a great idea as there are many hard to find pieces out there that people want that others have but cannot be found in most stores.

My wanted list is a bit different. What I am looking for are recordings of local Jazz and Blues bands. I know there are many people out there that live in areas with unknown but very talented "local bands" that have taking the time to have a limited number of CDs produced for sale in that local area as they try to gain more exposure.

So, I would be interested in obtaining such pieces to use to demo to my customers to help gain these smaller groups or artist exposure.

Haoleb

« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:45 pm »
I know its not blues or Jazz but theres a local artist who passed away a few years ago named Israel Kamakawiwiole or IZ for short.

He sings mainly hawaiian music, most tracks are just him and his ukulele which is like a small guitar. People have said that his cd(s) are good for demoing equipment because his voice can go to deep to high like nothing, you would have to hear it.
Although the quality on two of the tracks is poor the rest are decent. Its also got "what a wonderful world" which was in a couple of movies and always makes people cry. Just think if they had that emotional of an experioence they would definely want to buy the stuff lol  :lol:

Heres the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JFG3/qid=1072028496//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl15/102-9280181-1660929?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2003, 06:23 pm »
That's a big-a-boy,
   Keeping with the theme of the thread "used media", would you happen to have a copy you would like to sell or trade.
  I am always interested in new music with my taste being all over the place. For myself, it's more about the music than the quality of the recording (it is nice to have a quality recording though).

Haoleb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2003, 06:43 pm »
i have a copy but i aint sellin it   :D

I can buy that cd at costco for 12 bucks and send it to you for less than amazon charges though if you wanted it.