Does anyone know of a good Local source for speaker wire?

alana106

Hello Mens,

I'm in the process of adding some speakers on the deck. I need about 100 feet total.  Planned on using 14Ga. (I'd be happy to buy more if the price was right)
    Through Ebay, I found a pair of flush mount JBLs that look pretty nice.  I also ordered a 500' roll of 14Ga clear wire at about $71 delivered.  Looks like my wire got lost or never shipped, and I'm kinda gitin anxious to finish up the project.

Thanks,
Alan

frustrated

Re: Does anyone know of a good Local source for speaker wire?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2007, 02:17 am »
Try Gateway Electronics - St. Louis

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2007, 02:48 am »
Alan,

Believe it or not, the direct burial wire used for the low voltage lighting (the type that lines your walkway outside) sounds pretty darned good. The insulation used is of different composition than your typical cheap 'speaker wires' dielectric. I think a 100' roll of 14ga runs less than 20 bucks.

alana106

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:21 am »
Thanks for the ideas,

I like the low voltage burial idea, and will also give Gateway a call.  (I keep forgetting about them since they moved from the Page location). 
    I'm planning on removing the inside trim to the patio door and sneaking the wire in the shim area next to the door, so I.m not sure how much room I'll have.     

Alan

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2007, 01:38 pm »
Try parts express .com  They sell a lot of audio gear and wire.

Cheers
                                         Charlie

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2007, 01:40 pm »
How about me.