Next audiojumble date

daves

Next audiojumble date
« on: 11 Aug 2014, 04:38 pm »
With a successful one fresh on our minds, what can we do to improve things and when do y'all want a peat and repeat?

We can get the gym all to ourselves next time, so setup and starting will be a lot less pressured. Father said all of May is open, though we don't want memorial weekend, or the one prior. Do you want one in March or April? I will find out the next meeting what is available.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Next audiojumble date
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2014, 06:03 pm »
I'd love to come. I have nothing to sell, so count me out in that regard, but yea, spring time would be great.
"The Great GAS Spring Clean":thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2014, 06:28 pm »
That only gives us 6 months to buy more crap, Dave!  Is that enough time?   :scratch:

daves

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2014, 07:06 pm »
If we diligently hit the yard sales, garage sales, church sales, estate sales, and bring stuff out of storage, we just might make it. :-)

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2014, 07:22 pm »
Or resell all the crap we bought Saturday…………. :duh:

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2014, 07:44 pm »
If we diligently hit the yard sales, garage sales, church sales, estate sales, and bring stuff out of storage, we just might make it. :)

My well is just about dry. All I have left is a few expensive pieces of high end gear. Then again, I've got a big pile of crap up in the barn. Lots of old Spectro Acoustics gear, amps and EQs mostly. Guess I could sell off that stuff. The spiders might be upset that they are getting relocated though.

daves

« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2014, 08:28 pm »
Scott, some of the high end gear can be leveraged to attract the big spenders. It is a good thing to have plenty of volume, a fair amount of low fi, a lot of collectible mid fi and some prominently featured upscale gear.
I think one of your big drawing cards at the next one could be running your Triplett tube tester at three bucks a crack.

daves

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2014, 04:06 pm »
I am reserving Saturday, May 2 and Saturday, May 16 as the two possible dates at church. Please throw some input in, so we can settle on a firm date.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #8 on: 17 Aug 2014, 06:21 pm »
I'll probably be on the road those weekend for work, but I have little left to get rid of.    :hyper:

But I'm heading to Record Exchange as we speak.    :thumb: