Coffee

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Coffee
« Reply #220 on: 12 Apr 2024, 02:58 am »
I have 2 ceramic grinders and 1 steel burr gears and all them do not allow wet the internal parts in the owner manual. I suspect this info about wetting the beans was released in the press to damage the grinders currently in use and create new sales.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #221 on: 12 Apr 2024, 10:09 am »
I have 2 ceramic grinders and 1 steel burr gears and all them do not allow wet the internal parts in the owner manual. I suspect this info about wetting the beans was released in the press to damage the grinders currently in use and create new sales.

I'm sorry my dear friend, but that's silly, perhaps you were joking.  As noted by others we're adding moisture, not a flood.  What the manual means is don't immerse the grinder, as in don't wash it with water.  Adding a tiny amount of moisture reduces static electricity and as noted may slightly increase flavor.  It won't change your beans, just enhances the brew.  No manufacturers are advising customers to destroy their machines so they can sell new ones.  However as with all things please use your best judgement on wetting beans before grinding.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #222 on: 12 Apr 2024, 12:08 pm »
Sorry any mishap not intended, I just found this idea unusual. I increase flavor grinder the beans thinner, I dont like clean the gears, it unset all the grinder.

rbbert

« Reply #223 on: 12 Apr 2024, 12:26 pm »
It certainly can’t hurt your grinder to try this once or twice.  Coffee beans themselves have moisture content, this only adds a very little more.