Clearing out cabinets!

RAW

Clearing out cabinets!
« on: 14 Jan 2009, 05:59 pm »
I have not decided yet what to keep for sure as our new home a lot of my speakers I had hoped to use will not work for location issues. Heck I even have to go to in walls YUK! in one location.

Here is a list
Cabinets only no kits some with drivers will be available but I can provide the crossover plans and you can source the crossover parts you like.
cabinets are all machined for drivers,ports,terminal cup or bi-wire binding posts

1-HT2C Maple veneer center channel speaker with magnetic grill $200.00 including shipping
HT2O "MDF" MTM cabinets (2) with the OW4 Tweeters included mounted in cabinets $260.00 including shipping
HT20 "MDF" MTM baffles(2)no cabinets just the front baffles and NEW Boxed OW4 Tweeters included$200.00 including shipping (OW4 tweeters retail for $265.00 set ) http://www.ellisaudio.com/hiquphon.htm

HT2i cabinets finished in black paint no drivers $100.00 pair including shipping

Apex III complete. All drivers, crossover parts ($800.00 in Sonicap and Platium bypass caps, mills resistors) WILL NOT SHIP THESE $1200.00 SOLD

Personally I recommend Mundorf capacitors with Dueland resistors in the tweeter crossover network which both are available from http://www.partsconnexion.com. But you can use what ever brand you like.
Drivers  I will help you with the drivers as they are not stock drivers, I use to modified the cones on both the mid drivers and woofers. Contact Bob at http://www.creativesound.ca/index.html for all the drivers Bob has all the drivers in stock.But I will need to give you information on doing modifications to the cones.

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2009, 05:05 am by RAW »

Wind Chaser

Re: Clearing out cabinets!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2009, 03:00 am »
Hey Al,

Where can I find or get the specs on the ribbon tweeters used in the OB2X?

John

RAW

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2009, 03:25 am »
Below is the VERTICAL response for the ribbon. Very good for a ribbon vertical measurements.

UN smoothed frequency response for the ribbon on a IEC baffle.

Data sheet for the ribbon.

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2009, 05:01 am by RAW »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2009, 08:26 am »
Thanks Al, that has exactly the information I was looking for.

Are you keeping some inventory (in the event someone should lose a tweeter)?

John

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2009, 11:56 pm »
Thanks Al, that has exactly the information I was looking for.

Are you keeping some inventory (in the event someone should lose a tweeter)?

John

NO once i am out of ribbbons i am out and no more will be ordered.BUT the elements can be purchased and with evefry kit we included information on the CD with instructions of how to replace the element if needed.

jeffk

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:50 pm »
Hi Al,

I first heard of Raw Acoustics at the 2006 show in Denver. My wife and I love your speakers, sound and appearance. We also enjoyed meeting and speaking with you. Our finances never allowed us to purchase a pair from you. Considering the economy and reading your note about "family time" we can understand closing Raw Acoustics. We own our own business and this recession is scary. Last week I tried to purchase a pair of HT-8's from one of your customers. He, however, "came to his senses" and decided to keep them. Can't blame him. I will keep my eyes open for another pair to appear but it seems like most of them have happy homes. Best wishes for you and your family

Jeff