Best Digital cable I have ever heard...

gary

« Reply #20 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:51 pm »
there's a link on the stereovox site that gives you Chris' email address if you want to find a local reseller.

-gary

Horsehead

« Reply #21 on: 9 Oct 2003, 05:57 pm »
The Cable Company in PA is an authorized Stereovox dealer so I would imagine they could get the digital cable.  They have the interconnect and speaker cables in their Master Cable list, but not the digital cable.  As stated, I'm sure they could get one.  The Cable Comapny has always been great for selection and service. I've bought quite a few things from them over the years and never had a problem if I wanted to return something.

Hantra

« Reply #22 on: 9 Oct 2003, 06:08 pm »
The i2 Digital cable, uses a different design and is actually better (greater bandwidth) according to Chris.

Saying it has greater bandwidth doesn't definitively tell us anything about which sounds better.  He also said the HDXV has a faster dielectric with lower capacitance, and a larger conductor.  So, from this information, there is no way one can conclusively say which sounds better.

Keep in mind Chris is a businessman, and has to answer these questions accordingly.

B

Horsehead

« Reply #23 on: 9 Oct 2003, 07:03 pm »
Here is a nice review of the HDVX.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stereovox/hdxv.html

I also just noted that the AES/EBU version is listed on the i2 site, but with no info yet.  It appears Chris is keeping the i2 company for his best digital efforts (direct sales).  It also appears the HDVX was designed with more video applications in mind (considerably cheaper, larger conductor)than the i2 X60- not saying that the X-60 wouldn't work extremely well in a video application.  

The X-60 and upcoming AES/EBU cables from i2 appear to be direct replacements for the Illuminations D-60 and Orchid cables which were mainly used as digital interconnects, rather than video interconnects.  

Not sure which would sound better, but it seems the i2 X-60 is his best effort in designing a digital cable for audio applications due to the unique construction, which Chris himself states is appreciably different from the HDVX.

Too bad we can't get Chris to chime in put an end to all of my useless speculation.

Either way, incredible cables at incredible prices :thumb:

Mad DOg

« Reply #24 on: 9 Oct 2003, 07:08 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
I guess I'll have to send one to someone and have them rave about it instead.  

Well. . . If you insist . .   I'll volunteer. . .   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i'll volunteer as well...

BikeWNC

« Reply #25 on: 9 Oct 2003, 07:17 pm »
I ordered one today from fatwyre.com.  It seems I had a $75 credit from some gear auditions just sitting there, so it was a wash, no out of pocket expense.  I'll let you know what I think after it settles in.

Andy

vpolineni

« Reply #26 on: 9 Oct 2003, 10:55 pm »
would it be worth it to have this cable cryo'ed?

8thnerve

« Reply #27 on: 9 Oct 2003, 11:21 pm »
Quote from: Horsehead
Here is a nice review of the HDVX.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stereovox/hdxv.html

I also just noted that the AES/EBU version is listed on the i2 site, but with no info yet.  It appears Chris is keeping the i2 company for his best digital efforts (direct sales).  It also appears the HDVX was designed with more video applications in mind (considerably cheaper, larger conductor)than the i2 X60- not saying that the X-60 wouldn't work extremely well in a video application.  

The X-60 and upcomin ...

i2digital is NOT Chris' company.  He was contracted to design the cable for them.  Stereovox is his company.  According to Chris, his best digital efforts will be part of the Stereovox Reference line.

8thnerve

From the 6 Moons review
« Reply #28 on: 9 Oct 2003, 11:42 pm »
Two years after forming Stereovox, i2digital appeared as an Internet-direct single product partnership for which Chris contributed the X-60 cable design. Unlike this audio-only effort, the dual-application HDXV is suitable for the 3 to 5 meter cable runs common to Home Theater video projector installations. For lowered LCR, it sports a thicker version of the X-60's round, silver-plated copper conductor. It's encased in a dielectric sporting even lower capacitance and greater velocity than the microporous, varying-density PTFE tape layers of the 60. The HDXV uses a woven braided shield for active ground reference underneath the same clear outer FEP jacket as the X-60 which, in contrast to the 4-layer HDXV, features an additional 3-layer micro sub-assembly.

Pioneered in the X-60, the HDXV too employs custom 75-ohm BNC connectors, which are said to offer better than 4GHz of bandwidth when terminated. Special and included inter-series RCA adaptors slip atop the BNCs to accommodate the ubiquitous cinch format on either cable end. 4GHz? For crimminy's sake, who has hearing out into wireless telephone territory?

This is from a review on the 6 moons site, it recieved a Blue Moon award apparently.

8thnerve

« Reply #29 on: 10 Oct 2003, 03:43 pm »
Well, not that this is in the Market Square, I have become a Stereovox dealer and will be ordering some of these HDXV cables.  Let me know if any of you are interested.

Fathom7

HDXV Cable Coming
« Reply #30 on: 22 Oct 2003, 07:39 pm »
All right -- just to keep it in the correct circle :nono: I've ordered one from Nathan -- he kept his word -- he is a dealer now and Chris recommended him to me for delivery from TN to So Cal  :o .  Once I get it, I'll install and post the results here.  The connects are ideal for my set up.

Sa-dono

Re: HDXV Cable Coming
« Reply #31 on: 23 Oct 2003, 02:38 am »
Quote from: Fathom7
All right -- just to keep it in the correct circle :nono: I've ordered one from Nathan -- he kept his word -- he is a dealer now and Chris recommended him to me for delivery from TN to So Cal  :o .  Once I get it, I'll install and post the results here.  The connects are ideal for my set up.

Ummmm..there's nothing saying YOU can't post this elsewhere :scratch: Feel free to post your impressions in the 2-Channel Audio or Critic's Circles when you receive the cable.

audiojerry

« Reply #32 on: 23 Oct 2003, 03:55 pm »
Quote from: Sa-dono
Quote from: Fathom7

Ummmm..there's nothing saying YOU can't post this elsewhere :scratch: Feel free to post your impressions in the 2-Channel Audio or Critic's Circles when you receive the cable.

Is this why my post about discovering Pandafeet was moved to the Critic's Circle? http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=5401
I put in in the 2-Channel Circle beause I was trying to bring this product to the attention of others. It really wasn't a review as much as a topic of interest.

Sa-dono

« Reply #33 on: 24 Oct 2003, 12:07 am »
Quote from: audiojerry
Is this why my post about discovering Pandafeet was moved to the Critic's Circle? http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=5401
I put in in the 2-Channel Circle beause I was trying to bring this product to the attention of others. It really wasn't a review as much as a topic of interest.

:o I didn't touch that post with a 50 foot pole. When I first read it, it was already in the Critic's Circle..so I apologize if someone else moved it. I would move it back, but I see you already took care of the situation.