Carver PRO ZR1600, ZR1000, ZR500

8thnerve

« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2003, 03:34 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
Sweet!!  

Any idea what the lead time will be on these?

Thanks!!

B

Well, I should get my first shipment by the end of the month.  If you want one at these prices, you should pre-order now though.  I will move them out fast.  Of course, you know that already. :-)

JoshK

« Reply #21 on: 19 Sep 2003, 03:49 pm »
BTW,

I work on guitar street in NYC, where we have a slew of pro audio shops. One of the shops has a huge room where they just sell parts.  I know a couple of guys in there and I always get connectors and stuff in there for similar or cheaper prices than online.  I got some female neutrix speakon connectors for my spectron cables I am intending to build in there for I think $9/pair.  Anywho, if people are looking to reterminate their speaker cables with neutriks for the ZR500 I can probably get the connectors for you if you don't have easy access.

FWIW, they are cool guys, always willing to help out and even give me some cable building tips.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2003, 02:06 am »
A question for Nathan:  what will shipping be on the ZR-1000's?  I've got myself pretty close to talked in to taking the plunge, but I'm curious about the total cost.

Zero

« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2003, 03:45 pm »
Damn - Damn - Damn!

What a bad time to be completely broke!  Can only muster up 700 for an amp.  Arg, maybe another time..

Hantra

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2003, 04:12 pm »
Can only muster up 700 for an amp

Well, you can get all up in a ZR500 for that!  Give Nathan a call and see what he can do for you. . .

B

Zero

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2003, 05:17 pm »
I may,

But honestly, Im anal about head-room.  I want to know that my amp will have all the current needed for any demand.  Ironically enough, I dont listen to my music or movies loud - but I cant stand any piece of gear that lacks the power needed for musical peaks...  ie: William Tell Overture..

8thnerve

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2003, 06:45 pm »
Quote from: A6M-ZERO
Damn - Damn - Damn!

What a bad time to be completely broke!  Can only muster up 700 for an amp.  Arg, maybe another time..

Shhhhh!  Guess what, you are not over-budget, but you need to order today!  It's the last day of the month!!

8thnerve

LAST DAY!!!
« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2003, 06:48 pm »
As you may be able to guess from these posts, the prices I am offering through today are unbelieveable, but if you want them you need to order them today!  So, either email, PM or call me at 615-742-4283 with your Name address (billing and shipping) and a contact number today and I will call you to complete the transaction.  IF you call, leave a message, we are having phone problems, but I have access to voicemail so I will return your call ASAP.

Starting tomorrow new pricing will be in effect.  It will still be the best pricing out there, just not quite as good as right now.

SWG255

Re: LAST DAY!!!
« Reply #28 on: 1 Oct 2003, 01:14 am »
Nathan got back to me today, and i got a great price on the Carver Pro ZR 1600. I should have it around Wednesday next week. I have to say that Nathan has been a real pleasure to do business with, and i'm looking forward to working with him and others at 8th Nerve in the future.

-

Quote from: 8thnerve
As you may be able to guess from these posts, the prices I am offering through today are unbelieveable, but if you want them you need to order them today!  So, either email, PM or call me at 615-742-4283 with your Name address (billing and shipping) and a contact number today and I will call you to complete the transaction.  IF you call, leave a message, we are having phone problems, but I have access to voicemail so I will return your call ASAP.

Starting tomorrow new pricing will be in effect.  It will still be the best pricing out there, just not quite as good as right now.

RussKon

« Reply #29 on: 4 Oct 2003, 04:21 pm »
i posted this over in the two channel forum on the carver thread but it applies here as well....

i was intrigued by the optional input modules that are available for the zr1000 and zr1600....esp the ion media dsp tools module....

i contacted carver directly and was very pleased with the information that i received .... this module takes your analog input signal and converts into a digital signal.... at that point you have following following options per channel:

- 28 bands of paragraphic equalization - each fixed band has adjustable Q from one octave to 1/12 octave in seventeen steps

- 5 bands of full parametric equalization - adjustable center frequency, and adjustable Q from 1 octave to 1/12 octave in seventeen steps

- adjustable delay can be set in microseconds, milliseconds, feet or meters

- high pass and low pass filters

- adjustable input gain to set the input level for each channel independently

- white noise and pink noise generator

- limiter for each channel with adjustable attack and released times

all of the above is controlled from your computer with a very intuitive interface....

some of the above features are obviously designed for the pro market using multiple drivers and or multiple amps.... the module has inputs as well as outputs so you can hook another amp directly to this amp.... and control that amp as well....

what interested me about all of the above was the very adjustable eq available in a pure digital mode... i've listened to many eq's over the years and was always dissatisfied with the amount of noise that they added into the system.....

cost of this module is about $450 online..... not exactly cheap but you are getting an extreme amount of flexibility without giving up any more space in your rack....

ftp://208.187.38.55/Carver/Manuals/specs/ion-dsp-spec.pdf

any additional comments from 8th nerve????