Loss of detail when posting pics

mikeeastman

Loss of detail when posting pics
« on: 25 Feb 2015, 02:53 pm »
When I post a pic I notice a loss of detail but pic posted by others have more detail. I'm I doing something wrong or just my below par photographic skills?   :scratch:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Loss of detail when posting pics
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2015, 03:15 pm »
AC gallery resizes your file when uploading.  If you want clear pictures, up load it elsewhere (full size) and link it.

Maritan

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2015, 03:31 pm »
Mike - I link from flickr photostream. That way, loss of quality is minimal. It allows you to get static links for different sizes so you don't post a huge picture and blow the page up. If you need to know how to do that, let me know and I'll walk you through.

low.pfile

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2015, 09:16 pm »
mike, recently asked a related question...
see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=42049.msg1398361#msg1398361
#3718-#3721

as Woodsyi stated Audiocircle needs to save space so reduces size and resolution. the clear photos are hosted on other sites.

AND sometimes those uber large images are even too large for my 27" iMac screen @1920 x 1080px resolution - running off the screen. so there is a happy medium of image size.

mikeeastman

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2015, 02:01 pm »
Thanks Maritan, I may take you up on your offer at a later time. One of my neighbors is a professional photographer and he owes me a favor so I’ll see if he can run me through it.