Big expectations set for the 211 push-pull amp

wisnon

Big expectations set for the 211 push-pull amp
« on: 21 Apr 2015, 09:01 am »
From Lukasz when I asked about the amps:

This is our best product to date, outshadowing even the DACs.  It is not a typical push-pull, which sounds inferior to SET because of damned PHASE SPLITTER circuit. In our amp we do not split the phase, we do not touch it. On the contrary - our monoblock is effectively TWO SET mono amps in one chassis that share a summator output transformer. So not only the signal is as pure as SET but it also gets error cancellations and humming cancellation due to mirroring of the signals.
All that is possible only with true balanced XLR inputs of balanced audio, but our DACS are all balanced internally. Even the Big7 and Golden Gate are now available as balanced.

211 amp unlike many others has ONLY ONE amplification stage in input section - one SET 803Ecc. And it has extremely powerful White Follower drivers per each phase. All in all the amp represents the simplest purest form of 100 W power possible.

Lukasz Fikus
LampizatOr

advanced101

Re: Big expectations set for the 211 push-pull amp
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2015, 12:31 pm »
You buying a set?  I haven't heard them, but the look amazing.

wisnon

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2015, 03:01 pm »
Not for me as I use SS amp, but i would like to hear them.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2015, 06:23 pm »
Wisnon, do you know the price yet?

Thanks,

Greg

Gopher

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2015, 06:44 pm »
The 211 push pull monos are being introduced to the North American market for $10,500.

arthurs

« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2015, 08:52 pm »
Both Lampi Amps look really interesting. Any in Texas?

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2015, 11:16 pm »
His description of the amp sounds like marketing speak to me.  He doesn't split the phase, ok, then it is a differential amp that requires the phase to be split already....be forewarned if you don't have good balance already......or you put a CCS in the tail of the gain stage and force it so, in which case you have still have a phase splitter; albeit not the old skool ones but the new skool ones.

803cc into a white follower.  White follower suggests SS source follower, but AFAIK, the 803 is too crippled to drive the capacitances of high voltage FETs.  If it were my money, I'd require good believable and detailed measurements to confirm it isn't rolling off the top end like mad. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2015, 11:52 pm »
Wow a big amp to big speakers.
Came to mind the Sakuma 211.

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2015, 11:54 am »
His description of the amp sounds like marketing speak to me.  He doesn't split the phase, ok, then it is a differential amp that requires the phase to be split already....be forewarned if you don't have good balance already......or you put a CCS in the tail of the gain stage and force it so, in which case you have still have a phase splitter; albeit not the old skool ones but the new skool ones.

803cc into a white follower.  White follower suggests SS source follower, but AFAIK, the 803 is too crippled to drive the capacitances of high voltage FETs.  If it were my money, I'd require good believable and detailed measurements to confirm it isn't rolling off the top end like mad.

Josh,

I spoke with him in person and he was super excited about the amp...over the moon, actually. Leaves his GM70 amp in the dust. Soundstage increases by factor of 3-5, not by 10% . I think he said there is a unit in Hong Kong and those guys over there are jumping up and down from excitement.

I have not heard it or know anything technical about it (I use a SS integrated), but its rare to hear Lukasz sound that excited... normally when I get a chance to speak with him, its about Dacs/Transports and what is new on that front.

What I do know is that white followers are 2 tubes handling up to 1,000watts DC (no SS), he says and you can see the pictures on his website. He also reiteratedc- no phase split!

I would suspect that most people buying a $10K would audition it first, or at least get extensive feedback on obvious stuff like wheteher HF is rolled off...something that measurement alone may not give you the full picture of.

Anyway, he will be in Chicago for Axpona and people can get more info from him there.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2015, 02:04 pm by wisnon »

bonzo75

« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm »

I have never heard Lukasz overmarket his products, including upgrades to his B7, and previously his comparisons of lower Lampis (as he was progressing) to Audionote. He also wasn't excited about the first amp he had.

Geardaddy

« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2015, 04:12 pm »
It sounds pretty sexy to me. I would be interested for sure... 8)  Pictures please....

L gets excited, and that enthusiasm can be construed as hype or marketing speak. He is not a taciturn reptile like most engineering types....

wisnon

« Reply #11 on: 23 Apr 2015, 02:13 pm »

Geardaddy

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2015, 05:12 pm »
saw those.  they look good. 

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2015, 02:24 pm »

OMG! Wow Wow Wow!

Hopefully mine should be here next week  :banana piano:

http://lampizator.eu/Fikus/211_AMP_TRUE_BALANCED.html

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:46 pm »
My 211's arrived yesterday. My music fills the room, huge 3D soundstage, not just top to bottom and left to right but great depth, air and separation. I'll say it again, Lukasz is a genius. The Lampizator DAC into the amps is such a wonderful combination. Simple, direct and so musical. Just a killer combo. Thank you Lukasz, Fred, Rob and the rest of the Lampizator team.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #16 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:55 pm »
My 211's arrived yesterday. My music fills the room, huge 3D soundstage, not just top to bottom and left to right but great depth, air and separation. I'll say it again, Lukasz is a genius. The Lampizator DAC into the amps is such a wonderful combination. Simple, direct and so musical. Just a killer combo. Thank you Lukasz, Fred, Rob and the rest of the Lampizator team.

Congrats!

Mind me asking what speakers you are using with these?

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jun 2015, 11:22 pm »

You can easily make an all-tube white follower, it is the same as used in the Aikido circuit, the Aikido white follower just has the ps noise cancellation scheme... I can say from my own experience that a white follower as a driver is far superior to any other driver scheme I have ever tried in my own amp. It makes my EL34 SET sound extremely neutral, detailed and accurate.

Also if he's using a balanced input a phase splitter is not required, but it does require balanced inputs. If he were to provide single ended inputs than he's need a splitter, though with this design it could be done with high quality trafos instead of an active tube stage.

Using the output trafo to combine the outputs instead of using two opts seems like the unique idea here, very interesting... It would be cool if he made a single ended version too though, not everyone needs such a monster amp. This is like having four 211 SET amps running at the same time!

Gopher

« Reply #19 on: 26 Jun 2015, 02:24 am »
It would be cool if he made a single ended version too though, not everyone needs such a monster amp. This is like having four 211 SET amps running at the same time!

http://lampizator.eu/Fikus/211_AMP_SET.html