anyone have the goods on this inter-cable please????

2bigears

Siltech FTM4 SG G3.....am in the hunt for a new interconnect,is this guy a good one????from an Opus21 player into the VAC 30/30 direct.any help thks :D

Scotty

Re: anyone have the goods on this inter-cable please????
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:08 am »
If you are refering to the ones for sale on agon they will have to out perform a pair of new Reality Cables at less than half the price. I don't think the Siltech cables are a bargain at a thousand dollars used asking price.
They  do not appear to come with a money back guarantee either.
Scotty

denjo

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:12 am »
I second Scotty's view! Although I have not tried the Siltechs, but have spent $$$ on some exotic well-known brands only to find that I preferred Gregg's Reality cables. They add a sense of realism to the music with the "I'm there!" quality.

Denjo

2bigears

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:39 am »
i can get a set for 700 bucks,,,still not worth that????? :D :D

Scotty

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:46 am »
Only if you can get what you paid for them if they get whupped by something less expensive. They still cost nearly twice as much with no guarantee in sight.
Scotty

toobluvr

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2006, 12:59 am »
Only if you can get what you paid for them if they get whupped by something less expensive. They still cost nearly twice as much with no guarantee in sight.
Scotty

This is always a good rule of thumb...
When you are buying blind, or are unsure, only pay what you think you can get on resale.
Risk reduction 101.    :icon_lol:

Unless of course you are unconcerned about financial matters, and just consider losses as the cost of the hobby.  In that case...lucky you!   :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2006, 01:02 am »
sooo,what's the word on these cables???? not good at 700 bucks.. being the only cables in my system,i wanted a good set.RC's sound just as good at a far better price?? thks   :D

toobluvr

« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2006, 01:23 am »

Hey Pat...

I thought you were getting a preamp.  :scratch:

That means you need at least two pair of  i/c, not one.

2bigears

« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2006, 01:47 am »
toobluvr,you are truly one of the ambassadors of this site,nothing slides by you my friend.i had a big change of heart on the pre situation.what i want to do now is simply tune my source and get a better signal highway.phono is on hold. i am on a cable hunt now,need a cable that does the system justise,leaving nothing on the table. :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:29 am »
Siltech FTM4 SG G3.....am in the hunt for a new interconnect,is this guy a good one????from an Opus21 player into the VAC 30/30 direct.any help thks :D
Pat....Your looking for interconnect cables....what "speaker cables" are you using now ? And what IC's do you have now ?
                               Chris

2bigears

« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:43 am »
cables in system at present are:Zu Ibis and Discovery Signature.would really like to get cables that will bring 100% of the music these pieces produce,high in musical presentation,don't care for high analytical stuff,keep it on the fun side,smooth presention wanted. thks :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: 23 Sep 2006, 04:55 am »
cables in system at present are:Zu Ibis and Discovery Signature.would really like to get cables that will bring 100% of the music these pieces produce,high in musical presentation,don't care for high analytical stuff,keep it on the fun side,smooth presention wanted. thks :D
Looking for smooth...hmmm....the Zu Ibis SC's should be ok, you have Zu speakers right ? Smooth....not analytical....VH Audio IC's....good price, and smooth.
I've had SilverFi IC's here (audition tour)....a good neutral IC...those were very good also....fairly priced as well.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:08 am »
Links....VH Audio..
          SilverFi link.......at end of story.

2bigears

« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:45 am »
Chris,with VH did you use the Symmetry,and with SilverFi did you use the Andalusion mk2 ????these are cheap enough i could try both.thks :D
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2006, 06:27 am by 2bigears »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #14 on: 23 Sep 2006, 05:57 am »
Chris,with VH did you use the Symmetry,and with SilverFi did you use the Audalusion mk2 ????these are cheap enough i could try both.thks :D
Neither....VH Audio Pulsar cryoed.....SilverFi Shaman....the lower priced IC's.
Both are well made, and inexpensive. If you start at the top price range....you miss the bargins.
If you asked which of the two above is a better cable....I would go with the SilverFi.
It compared very well with my best IC's....Ridge Street Audio. Its a good match with a tube amp....remember....I own tube, ss , and hybrid amps....so I've tried different things.

2bigears

« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:53 am »
think i may try a Magician from SilverFi.looks interesting.thks for the help.may order a Pulsar also,as the SilverFi may take a while to get. :D :D :D :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:03 am »
think i may try a Magician from SilverFi.looks interesting.thks for the help.may order a Pulsar also,as the SilverFi may take a while to get. :D :D :D :D
Pat....Contact both Chris at VH Audio and Sezai at Silvefi....you can even PM...both are members here. Try them in your system...thats the best way.
Only you'll know what sounds best in your system..... :D
                                         Chris

PS....It will be easy to hear. When I compare cables...IC's....I just use an amp and a cdp with volume control.When you switch cables....easy to hear a difference...pick the best match.

2bigears

« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:18 am »
you bet Chris,just email both parties.will be very interesting to see what these cables do.one real nice part of this is the bank is not getting broken.i was lookin at that AQ Sky cable,wow,over 2k.thks again for the help.... :D :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:25 am »
you bet Chris,just email both parties.will be very interesting to see what these cables do.one real nice part of this is the bank is not getting broken.i was lookin at that AQ Sky cable,wow,over 2k.thks again for the help.... :D :D
Good....like I said...good cables at a good price....doesn't pay to spend a ton of money....the gain in sound is not that big for the higher cost....IMHO.
Now you can save for a preamp..... or....maybe a 2nd. system....or a 3rd.....or a .... :lol:

Frihed91

Shameless plug
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:28 am »
Here are two that ended my trip on the cable-go-round.  I will use nothing else, ever:

Smooth, detailed, transparent and warm: Audionote Lexus ICs (Copper) about $178
Smooth, detailed, tarnsparent, neutral and NOT bright at all: Audionote AN-V ICs about $380

Now, here's the real benefit: if you don't like them, resale value is very high and they sell evry quickly on Audiogon, but you won't.

www.audionoteusa.com