Two Over Achievers Face-Off/SilverFi vs. SAS

earlmarc

« on: 26 Dec 2005, 12:08 am »
The SAS Audio Labs and SilverFi IC's are both over achievers and will embarrass cables 3-4 times their cost. Giant Killers without a doubt! Both cables are foremost musically additive. What makes them both so special are their ability to connect with the music by displaying a wide, dimensional, and realistic soundstage. Neither has an advantage in these special abilities.

So how are they different? The SAS IC's are warmer and fuller than the SilverFi IC's. Images are well placed with good roundness and air. The SilverFi IC's are more transparent and cleaner than the SAS IC's. Images are well placed with excellent definition, density, and air.

The SilverFi IC's are more neutral with tight transparent macro and micro dynamics. The SAS IC's are a tad to the right of neutral with smooth and warm macro and micro dynamics. Neither suffers at all with dynamics.

The areas that I really enjoy about both of these cables are lateral plane extension, spacial placement of backstage, and a frontstage that isn't forward but rather an opening into the stage.

The details on the far ends of the stage often get left out on many cables I have tried, but not with these two cables. You hear details you weren't aware of. The width of stage are exceptional on both of these cables.

Realistic spacial imaging and seperation with air and depth of stage are difficult task for most cables. And any cable that does it right are special in my book. Both these cables pass these requirements with aplomb.

A front-stage that opens wide into the backstage without pushing the stage forward and allows the midrange to project natural air forward are very special cables indeed. Both these cables handle this task well.

The SAS and SilverFi cables are two the best cables I've heard regardless of price. I'll be keeping both!

guest1632

Re: Two Over Achievers Face-Off/SilverFi vs. SAS
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2005, 06:02 pm »
Quote from: earlmarc
The SAS Audio Labs and SilverFi IC's are both over achievers and will embarrass cables 3-4 times their cost. Giant Killers without a doubt! Both cables are foremost musically additive. What makes them both so special are their ability to connect with the music by displaying a wide, dimensional, and realistic soundstage. Neither has an advantage in these special abilities.

So how are they different? The SAS IC's are warmer and fuller than the SilverFi IC's. Images are well placed with good roundness and  ...

Hi, Well, I think I'm interested in the SilverFi cables. So where do I get them? I think you had two different pairs of the cables? What RCA are on them?

Ray

earlmarc

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2005, 06:14 pm »
The website for placing an order is silverfi.blogspot.com. I am using the Elixir IC's from CD to Preamp and the Phrygian IC's from Pream to Amp.

guest1632

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2005, 07:21 pm »
Quote from: earlmarc
The website for placing an order is silverfi.blogspot.com. I am using the Elixir IC's from CD to Preamp and the Phrygian IC's from Pream to Amp.

Hi, Earlmarc, Thanks for the info. Did you have a chance to listen to the Strawley cables. Just curious aabout your findings.

Ray

earlmarc

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2005, 09:00 pm »
Yes, I did try the Straley cables briefly. I would have prefered more time with them. They bettered my Wasatch cables. So too did the SilverFi and improved SAS cables. I have never had all three cables together to make a comparison. My cables of preference are the SilverFi and SAS cables, however, this has no bearing on the performance of the Straley cables. That comparison would be interesting.

Steve

Review
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2005, 12:52 am »
Dear Earlmarc,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and effort to review my ICs. It took several design changes to come up with what I wanted, but the final test is how others receive them. I am glad you and others liked them.

Hope all had a merry Christmas.