VH Audio AirSine Power Cord (long)

skrivis

« Reply #20 on: 11 Apr 2005, 05:59 pm »
Quote from: zybar
To give a little more context to my review, I had previously compared the following power cords to the Flavor 4 cords:

Argent Audio Brujo

George

That strikes me as a very appropriate name - Witch Doctor.  :lol:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2005, 03:03 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Nice write up George !! Of all the reviews posted by others on the VH Audio site....your's is the most thorough one. Thanks !! :)
    Now a question. Percentage wise, from 1 to 100%, the AirSine PC is  ____% better than the Flavor 4 PC ?? 10% better, 25% better ? What would you say ? Thanks !![/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

Hmmm....

It's always tough to do something like this, but I will give it a shot:

Let's say 30-35% better.  Yup, it was that good when compared to the Flavor 4 (an excellent cord in its own right)

George

Mad DOg

« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2005, 06:32 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
    Now a question. Percentage wise, from 1 to 100%, the AirSine PC is  ____% better than the Flavor 4 PC ?? 10% better, 25% better ? What would you say ? Thanks !![/list:u]

i just received the AirSine earlier this week so it's still breaking in...i'm quite impressed with it...so far i've found it to be a better PC than the Super Yummy Flavor 4...more than 10% but less than 25%...i was expecting a much more significant difference, but i think the Flavor 4 brings you right up to that edge of the point of diminishing returns so getting more performance becomes increasingly difficult...of course this might change w/ some more burn in time though...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 23 Apr 2005, 06:42 am »
Thanks George and Fo for the percentage's... :thumb:
    I've been pretty happy with Chris' products....power cords and IC's. Good value all around.[/list:u]

shokunin

« Reply #24 on: 23 Apr 2005, 07:12 am »
Mad Dog,

Do you still have the purple percept cord?  I know we tried it on the UDP-1, which leaned out the midbass vs. flavor 4, just curious if you tried it on your Rowland vs. Airsine.

Glenn

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 23 Apr 2005, 01:28 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
i just received the AirSine earlier this week so it's still breaking in...i'm quite impressed with it...so far i've found it to be a better PC than the Super Yummy Flavor 4...more than 10% but less than 25%...i was expecting a much more significant difference, but i think the Flavor 4 brings you right up to that edge of the point of diminishing returns so getting more performance becomes increasingly difficult...of course this might change w/ some more burn in time though...

Fo,

It will keep getting better as it breaks in.

For the money, the Flavor 4 is a tremendous value.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 23 Apr 2005, 01:29 pm »
Quote from: shokunin
Mad Dog,

Do you still have the purple percept cord?  I know we tried it on the UDP-1, which leaned out the midbass vs. flavor 4, just curious if you tried it on your Rowland vs. Airsine.

Glenn

Glenn,

Funny that you mention the Revelation Audio Labs Precept cord...I will hopefully have a few to try in the system next week.

Stay tuned...

George

TheChairGuy

« Reply #27 on: 23 Apr 2005, 05:22 pm »
Glenn,

Funny that you mention the Revelation Audio Labs Precept cord...I will hopefully have a few to try in the system next week.

Stay tuned...

George

Yep, George, that would be great if you could....I've been so impressed with the 1/2 mtr. Revelation 'umbilical' between my DAC and Power Base.

Do you have the $399 or $899 model? I'm thinking about maybe stepping up to one into my BPT 2+ over the L-9.

Mad DOg

« Reply #28 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:09 pm »
Quote from: shokunin
Mad Dog,

Glenn

Glenn, the Rowland has a 20A IEC inlet...

i can only compare the PCs on my linestage and digital source...

Mad DOg

« Reply #29 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:13 pm »
It will keep getting better as it breaks in.

For the money, the Flavor 4 is a tremendous value...

i'm still waiting for it to break in further...you're right about the Flavor 4 being a tremendous value. and i honestly think that once at this level, getting another 10% more performance out of anything is a difficult proposition let alone 20% or more...

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:14 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Glenn,

Stay tuned...

George

Yep, George, that would be great if you could....I've been so impressed with the 1/2 mtr. Revelation 'umbilical' between my DAC and Power Base.

Do you have the $399 or $899 model? I'm thinking about maybe stepping up to one into my BPT 2+ over the L-9.

I am getting the $900 model in.

I can personally tell you from experience to get rid of the L-9 and replace it with a Flavor 4, AirSine, Bolder Nitro, or Argent Audio Brujo.  All of these cords have sounded substantially better than the L-9 in direct comparisons in my systems.

George

Mad DOg

« Reply #31 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:16 pm »
Do you have the $399 or $899 model?

i have the $799 model...don't think there is a $899 model...

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:25 pm »

On Audiogon the price is listed as $899, while the RAL website states $799.

Same cord.

George

Mad DOg

« Reply #33 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:35 pm »

On Audiogon the price is listed as $899, while the RAL website states $799.

Same cord.

George

ah! :idea:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #34 on: 24 Apr 2005, 12:03 am »
ah, indeed :idea:  .  I think I'll email Brad and let him know the two are not the same.  Maybe he would appreciate the extra set of eyes...he's probably a one man shop.