At last, the worlds greatest cheesey movie on DVD!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Yes, you know it, you love it, now at last: Road House!  This is arguably the world finest bad movie.  After maybe thousands of showings on USA network (isn't pretty much on some channel at any given day or hour?) we can finally get all the violence and gratuitous nudity!

In all seriousness, though, the picture is good and the sound, while only stereo, is superb.  The movie isn't even really as bad as I had remembered it; Sam Elliot is very good, as usual.  I had almost forgotten ( but only  8) almost) just how gorgeous Kelly Lynch was.   This one isn't up there cinema-wise with Drugstore Cowboy, but a lot of good clean cheesey fun.

Best Buy is selling it for just $10.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2003, 05:36 am »
I always thought Rocky Horror Picture Show was the best cheesy movie ever.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2003, 04:30 am »
I've only ever seen Road house on cable, so I've not been very impressed with it before. And I can't stand what's his name very well. So I don't think I could drop the $ for a movie that he stars in.

Maybe I'll use one of my free rentals on it next time I stop at the rental store.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2003, 09:31 am »
Three words, Bubba:  KELLY     LYNCH    NEKKID!

Seriously, though, it's a lot better uncut, letterboxed, with the DVD picture and sound.  

Plus, did I mention Kelly Lynch getting naked?