Today's DVD stinker!

JohnR

Today's DVD stinker!
« on: 5 Feb 2003, 04:56 am »
Hey, let's have a thread for really bad movies we happen to watch  :mrgreen:

Mine for today is "Legend" starring Tom Cruise and a goblin.

JohnR

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2003, 05:21 am »
Hmm, I, er, kind of liked that one.  Not a masterpeice, but Mia Sara in that dress made it worth it.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2003, 05:44 am »
Recently?  Gotta be City by the Sea - what the hell was DeNiro thinking?

JohnR

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2003, 09:13 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Hmm, I, er, kind of liked that one.  Not a masterpeice, but Mia Sara in that dress made it worth it.

Oh... yeah, *that* dress :lol:

I expect I'll have a few corkers in the next few weeks, I seem to have wandered into the schlock sci-fi section of netflix ;-)

Brandon B

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2003, 07:21 pm »
That's actually the only Tom Cruise movie I can stand.  While I can see why some one wouldn't like it,  I thought the design and art direction on it was some of the best "fantasy//fairy" stuff ever done (wobbly unicorn horns notwithstanding).

Trivia bit - Meg,  the big green witch who lived in the swamp,  was the doctor from Star Trek Voyager.  He almost died waiting under water in that suit for his cue to pop up.

BB

JoshK

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2003, 07:48 pm »
Just saw Simone, what a POS movie!  What was Al thinking?  :flak:

JoshK

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2003, 08:05 pm »
Other recent stinkers are ....

The Goodgirl
Ballistics
XXX
Halloween: Resurrection
Tadpole
Undercover Brother
Martin Lawrence: Live (I think he is a racist and utterly NOT funny)

Movies that were OK in one way or another, IMO, like had entertainment value even if the movie was predictable, etc:

The Bourne Identity
Devious Beings
Blue Crush
Signs
Buying the Cow (almost in the good list)
K19 - The Widow Maker (almost in the bad list)
Unfaithful
Amy's O
Human Nature

Recent Surprises that I find were particularly good:

About a Boy
The Badge
Trapped
Minortiy Report
The Importance of Being Ernest

tmd

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2003, 09:07 pm »
Josh,
What the hell were you thinking! Take Triple X out of that list immediately :evil:
Vin Diesel is great and the film was so bad it was really brilliant!!!!!!!

Kishore

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #8 on: 6 Feb 2003, 09:42 pm »
Highly Recommend OMEGA CODE

..for a stinker Movie...unbelievable story and acting-I mean you will not believe  :mrgreen:  what the f$%^   :nono:

Cheers,
Kishore

greve

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #9 on: 9 Feb 2003, 03:37 pm »
Quote from: tmd
Josh,
What the hell were you thinking! Take Triple X out of that list immediately :evil:
Vin Diesel is great and the film was so bad it was really brilliant!!!!!!!

I can only agree here. A few of the stunts were just a little unbelievable, but still... Even my wife liked it, which is a surprise with that kind of movie...

JoshK

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #10 on: 9 Feb 2003, 06:32 pm »
XXX was totally unbelievable even on its own definition of reality, and Vinn was a horrible actor in this movie.  LAME!  It stunk.  

jasonc

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2003, 10:23 pm »
The past two movies I've seen Simone and Signs, both start with an S, ain't that funny.. both were very good at sucking the life out of me :shake: .

greve

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #12 on: 9 Feb 2003, 11:05 pm »
I watched Simone on a recent transatlantic flight. I can only say that I was happy not to have purchased it...

But I have just ordered Signs today - let's see - how bad can it be?

Marbles

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #13 on: 9 Feb 2003, 11:12 pm »
Friday's stinker was "The Crocodile Hunter"  Way over the top, even for Steve Irwin...of course he seems to make fun of himself the whole movie..the kids liked it.

Spirit was last nights film...much better.  The Indians and horses were shown as good, the white soldiers evil.  I guess they got that part of history right :-)

jasonc

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #14 on: 9 Feb 2003, 11:26 pm »
Signs was a let down for me, it wasn't 100% awfull..  just a little too Disney for me.  
Simone.. just saw it today, on a 1 to 10 sucking scale I give it a solid 8.5.

JoshK

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #15 on: 10 Feb 2003, 01:08 am »
Agreed, Simone sucked donkey balls. Crazy as Hell was decent, throws you for a little B movie spin. Banger Sisters was so-so at best, mild stinker IMO.  I am finding much better odds with indy and foreign films these days.  Kinda parrellels the music industry don't you think?

JohnR

Today's DVD stinker!
« Reply #16 on: 10 Feb 2003, 02:09 am »
I'm a bit disappointed with this weekend's stinkers  :(

A friend at work lent me Battlefield Earth, assuring me that it was possibly the biggest stinker ever made. Hm, well, it wasn't great but it wasn't *that* bad. As backup, he also lent me Attack of the Clones, which wasn't that bad either, Ms Portman aside, but possibly only because I have subwoofers that actually woof, unlike him  :mrgreen:

As a backup backup, he lent me Parasite, of which I previewed the first five minutes. Now *this* is a candidate for a real stinker, will report back later if I have the gumption to actually watch the rest of it...  :o