Beginning with vintage audio

pyrrhic-win

Beginning with vintage audio
« on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:12 am »
Just wanted to introduce myself here. I am making an entry into the vintage audio world and have started to collect some Pioneer gear, pictured below.

I will be going through each unit and cleaning up or repairing any issues I find. Still looking for a few more things, but I'm glad I will be able to listen to cassettes and vinyl again. This forum looks to have plenty of good resources and info, so I'll be doing a lot of reading right away.

Cheers!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Beginning with vintage audio
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:25 am »
Welcome Pyrrhic-win :thumb:
Nice tuner similar to a Sony STR-12 I had in the 80s.

brooklyn

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2016, 04:03 am »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2016, 06:07 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Pyrrhic-win   :thumb:  Yep, recognize the lower cassette deck, had one back in the day. Sold it to a friend when I changed to the NAK 581 I still have.  8)

TrungT

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2016, 06:28 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

pyrrhic-win

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2016, 09:34 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I probably should have specified what I have here: bottom is the Pioneer SPEC-1 preamp, moving up is the CT-F1250 tape deck, then the CT-F1000 tape deck, and on top is the TX-9500II tuner. Not pictured is a Pioneer PL-630 turntable. I'm waiting on a good Spec amp and a good Pioneer rack to hold the gear.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:19 am »
Nice collection. On checking the memory banks my unit was the CT-F900, though the F1250 appears very similar.  Good luck on the hunt to complete the set.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:36 am »
Welcome to AC!  Many moons ago, I owned some of that stuff and had the Pioneer 19 inch studio rack with the rack mount kits.

Guy 13

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2016, 02:07 am »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Pyrrhic-win

Guy 13