Your dream wheels...

jimdgoulding

Re: Your dream wheels...
« Reply #80 on: 1 Aug 2011, 01:06 am »
Greece?  I feel for Timind, you poor fellow, having to swim in that dirty old sea.  Not! 

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #81 on: 1 Aug 2011, 06:46 pm »
Het hoeven ook niet jouw droom wielen te zijn :wink: Deze Alfa is naar mijn idee ook vooral geschikt om van een poster oid te genieten. Absoluut topdesign!

Dat is zeker waar, het is een ontzettend mooie auto! :thumb:

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #83 on: 9 Aug 2011, 10:34 pm »
Some favorites of mine:

63 - 67 Corvette
67 Hemi powered Plymouth GTX
Porsche 928 S4
Slant Nose RUF Porsche Turbo.
BMW M5

I did the race car (Formula Ford) thing years ago....

HsvHeelFan

jaywills

« Reply #84 on: 9 Aug 2011, 11:21 pm »
After its fifth week in the shop this calendar year, I'm putting my 20-year old E34 M5 up for sale (no, this is not an ad).  Great car but repairs have eaten me alive over the past couple of years.  Too bad...

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #85 on: 16 Aug 2011, 06:27 pm »
All cars i ever owned were sedans and hatchbacks..  skoda, ford, audi, jag and mercs. Only four wheels, too small, too low riding, too fast and not enough gears.  BORING!   

i want a change.

i want a BIG lorry. preferably 8x8,  German made, with sequential gears and automatic clutch, and no, NO  double glazed or UV proof window. I want that special sunburn.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #86 on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:42 am »
Sleek, muscled, made in the USA.  I always lusted for one.  1965 Ford Cobra

i kinda like the car behind the kit-cobra.  oh wait, i have one of those!   8)

doug s.

TomS

« Reply #87 on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:52 am »
After its fifth week in the shop this calendar year, I'm putting my 20-year old E34 M5 up for sale (no, this is not an ad).  Great car but repairs have eaten me alive over the past couple of years.  Too bad...
It was a sad day when I sold my red E34 M5 with the turbine wheels. It was a fun rip snorting beast of an inline 6. I remember a 2-day trip to the dealer to check things out before a driver's school and right before the warranty expired. I thought it was running just fine, but they did a cool $6k worth of work on the motor on BMW's tab  :o

Robert D

« Reply #88 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:57 am »

Still my 1st Choice !  :thumb:

Robert

TONEPUB

« Reply #89 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:59 am »
Perfectly happy with the one on the left, but in roadster form of course!

richidoo

« Reply #90 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:09 am »
I'd take a Porsche Panamera. I don't care if it is ugly or too expensive. I only want it for the Bermester surround-sound system.  I'd take a Cayenne or even a Bugatti Veyron if I had to, cuz they also have the Bermester stereo...  :lol: 

I could also be convinced to take a Bentley Mulsanne with Dirac Live audio processing. Dirac is supposedly super magically amazing room correction. If Ford Fusion had such a stereo I would be happy, at least until it was "found on road dead."   :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #91 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:23 am »
I don't know Rich. The "music" created by the silver car on the right has some majic of it's own. Nice photo.

Bob

Robert D

« Reply #92 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:25 am »
Thank you Sir  :thumb:

Robert

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #93 on: 19 Aug 2011, 02:23 am »
I don't know Rich. The "music" created by the silver car on the right has some majic of it's own. Nice photo.

Bob
agreed - truly great cars don't need any audio system of any sort - the engine will make all the music needed.  that's how it is w/my alfa and my pantera - no stereo system needed at all in those cars!   :thumb:

doug s.

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #94 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:20 am »
The Audi R18 is a fine racing machine.   However, my all time favorite Lemans cars would be the:

2.  Porsche 962
1.  Porsche 917 Long tail

When I was racing, there was a guy from South Florida that would bring in a Porsche 904.  Absolutely gorgeous car, but underpowered.

If I knew how post an image here, I would.

HsvHeelFan

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #95 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm »
The Audi R18 is a fine racing machine.   However, my all time favorite Lemans cars would be the:

2.  Porsche 962

Amen Brother. Rothman.  8)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #96 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm »
Thank you Sir  :thumb:

Robert
You're welcome. By saying that, I take it you were the photographer?

Bob

richidoo

« Reply #97 on: 19 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm »
The R18 kept me glued to LeMans on TV. Just seeing it run was a thrill. It's not beautiful, but there's something good about the looks. Beating the French made it an underdog hero. The tiny cockpit and huge wheels make it look like a preschool toy.  I'd be curious to know what it's like to drive, but I know it would scare me to death driven to its potential. A Corvette C4 on a small time trial course was scary enough for me. That's why I like the Bentley....  8)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #98 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:25 pm »

mort

« Reply #99 on: 19 Aug 2011, 03:07 pm »
Any thing electric. Utilitarian preferably. I never again want to stand at a gas pump watching numbers fly by faster than I can ever dream of making them,  supporting forien wars not to mention gready corperations who continue to collect record profits from people who are addicted to their sauce, while at the same time reciving massive subsities from our corperation owned government. Can anybody say run on?