Entropy

Re: Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought
« Reply #2220 on: 29 Jan 2013, 06:25 am »

roscoeiii

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #2222 on: 31 Jan 2013, 04:36 am »
Entropy and Roscoiii - New YLT is stunning.  Their most solid album in a good while.  Perfect A and B Side!  The way great albums used to be sequenced! 

Pretty poor phone camera shot here.  Oh well, you get the idea.
Yo La Tengo - Fade, Goat - World Music, The Beatles - Should have gotten the box set.....

roscoeiii

« Reply #2223 on: 31 Jan 2013, 04:48 am »
Entropy and Roscoiii - New YLT is stunning.  Their most solid album in a good while.  Perfect A and B Side!  The way great albums used to be sequenced! 

Pretty poor phone camera shot here.  Oh well, you get the idea.
Yo La Tengo - Fade, Goat - World Music, The Beatles - Should have gotten the box set.....

OMG, is that GOAT great too. Their show isn't until May here and I am so excited. See them live if possible!

E4T

« Reply #2224 on: 31 Jan 2013, 05:10 am »
OMG, is that GOAT great too. Their show isn't until May here and I am so excited. See them live if possible!

The Goat album is phenomenal!  SO good!  I won't be able to catch them live, which sucks....will no doubt be amazing.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #2225 on: 2 Feb 2013, 08:52 am »
I finally broke down and bought Electric Warrior on Rhino, The Slider on Fat Possum.
What could be better than Flo and Eddie on background vocals?

roscoeiii

« Reply #2226 on: 3 Feb 2013, 06:59 am »

I just bought the vinyl. And now there is the wait until Feb-March.

And this is a wait for an uncompressed 180g slab of vinyl: "This vinyl album has been recorded as an analogue album..." "The vinyl has been recorded, mixed and mastered in analogue. It is manufactured on 180 gram vinyl and comes in a gatefold sleeve with the CD in a card wallet. The vinyl will be limited due to manufacturing restrictions"..."It was recorded on 2 inch 24 track analogue tape and mixed onto half inch analogue tape and mastered with no digital processing involved."

In the meantime there is the hi-res download (24/96 WAV).

Love it.

My favorite quote so far on "MBV" (from someone on SH Forum):

"    I tried multiple times over the last couple of years with both of the other two albums and just couldn't get into them. Some tracks were okay to me, but the rest of the material bored me and consequently frustrated me

I'm listening to MBV on youtube and I'm currently finished with the first third. I can already say this: the last time I was so overwhelmed and excited by a new release on first listen was the Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues two years ago. This is amazing. I want to say something like "I hope this allows me to go back to the other two with a new perspective," but I could care less about that right now because this s/t album is so damn good."

Entropy

« Reply #2227 on: 3 Feb 2013, 06:48 pm »

Just ordered mine too.  Sounds great on mp3, cant wait to hear it on vinyl.  Well worth the wait. :D

E4T

« Reply #2228 on: 6 Feb 2013, 05:28 pm »

Ordered mine as well.  I actually have not put on a record since Sunday because I cannot stop listening to this.  Ok, maybe I put on Loveless once. 

I woke up to the news Sunday morning about m b v, and I am still in shock.  Loveless is easily one of my top ten albums of all time.  I remember going to buy it the day it was released 22 years ago, and I still listen to it at least once every month or two.  not many records I can say that about, even favorites......

Anyway, this new album is phenomenal.  Doesn't matter to me if it is better than Loveless or not, it is definitely not a disappointment!  Can't wait for the vinyl to arrive.

orthobiz

« Reply #2229 on: 6 Feb 2013, 07:36 pm »
I ordered this on the mbv website. Don't know when it's coming...

Paul

MaxCast

« Reply #2230 on: 6 Feb 2013, 08:55 pm »
picked up a few things this weekend.  Looks like I'll be fillin up the spin clean this weekend.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2231 on: 7 Feb 2013, 01:56 am »
picked up a few things this weekend.  Looks like I'll be fillin up the spin clean this weekend.

Good haul. I really like the sound of Talking Heads' Simple Creatures.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2232 on: 7 Feb 2013, 07:09 am »

I just bought the vinyl. And now there is the wait until Feb-March.

The YouTube tracks......HERE...

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2233 on: 7 Feb 2013, 12:03 pm »
Horace Silver on Blue Note.... VG+

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2234 on: 9 Feb 2013, 12:59 am »
Today at DD's

Malo ~ Ascencion
Philip Glass ~ Glass Works
Herbie Mann ~ turtle Bay
Good Rats ~ 'From Rats To Riches'
The Rascals ~ Freedom Suite
The American Breed ~ Pumpkin, Powder, Scarlet & Green
Good Rats ~ Birth Comes To Us All
Status Quo ~ self titled.
Mott The Hoople ~ The Hopple
Mott The Hoople ~ Mott
Passport ~ Looking Thru
Bo Hansson ~ Magician's Hat

Paul (orthobiz) on a previous trip I picked up Roy Wood's "Mustard" album  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2235 on: 9 Feb 2013, 03:35 am »
Today at DD's

Bo Hansson ~ Magician's Hat

If you like that one Pman check out his Lord of the Rings, those two are my faves. Attic Thoughts , & Watership Down are pretty good as well, though MH & LOTR are his best imo.  8)

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2236 on: 9 Feb 2013, 03:49 am »
If you like that one Pman check out his Lord of the Rings, those two are my faves. Attic Thoughts , & Watership Down are pretty good as well, though MH & LOTR are his best imo.  8)

Thanks AD When I saw it I remembered it was you who told me about Bo Hansson.
First I've seen anything on vinyl

MaxCast

« Reply #2237 on: 9 Feb 2013, 03:52 am »
Good haul. I really like the sound of Talking Heads' Simple Creatures.
You're right.  Cleaned her up and gave a spin tonight.  Good recording, pretty dynamic and lucked out with a quiet record to boot.

orthobiz

« Reply #2238 on: 9 Feb 2013, 11:22 am »

Good Rats ~ Birth Comes To Us All

Paul (orthobiz) on a previous trip I picked up Roy Wood's "Mustard" album  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Any Old Time on Mustard is right up my alley but this is basically a record for fans only. You must have Roy Wood Boulders before you can make any judgments. Of course, I have the RW record you sent me (a promo, no less!) :lol:

Saw Good Rats back in the day, a Long Island band, the kind of band that other greats opened up for and went on to glory while the Rats stayed un-famous. If you had to have one record by them, it's Tasty.

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2239 on: 13 Feb 2013, 09:31 pm »
You're right.  Cleaned her up and gave a spin tonight.  Good recording, pretty dynamic and lucked out with a quiet record to boot.

Yeah, I remember being really impressed with the dynamics of Little Creatures too.