List of GR Research speakers

Metfit77@gmail.com

List of GR Research speakers
« on: 14 Aug 2020, 06:12 pm »
Is there a list somewhere of all currently available GR-Research speakers? I keep discovering models I hadn't heard of before like to x-otica and the x-mtm.

Phil A

Re: List of GR Research speakers
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2020, 06:14 pm »
On the left of the website front page there are links (including archived older models) - http://gr-research.com/

Metfit77@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2020, 06:18 pm »
Hi Phil,
Yes I am aware of the models listed on the site as well as the archived models. I am looking for the ones that are not listed. Like the x-otica, the studio monitor, x-mtm, wedgie, line force, etc. What other models or variants don't I know about?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2020, 06:19 pm »
Is there a list somewhere of all currently available GR-Research speakers? I keep discovering models I hadn't heard of before like to x-otica and the x-mtm.

Not yet. All of the currently available models will be available once the new version of the website goes live, but it is currently still under development.

RolandButcher

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2020, 07:19 pm »
That fact that Danny can stay in business with that website is a testament to his abilities, his reputation, and this community.  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2020, 02:04 am »
That fact that Danny can stay in business with that website is a testament to his abilities, his reputation, and this community.  :lol:

I know, I know. The new website is close and looks great.

New models not on the website currently:

In the X Series models: X-CS Encore, X-MTM, X-Omni, and the X-Otica

In the NX Series: The new NX Studio Monitor, and the NX-Otica MTM.

windupman

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2020, 09:12 pm »
Thanks Danny.

Is one of those models the one that you showed in your Tuesday Tech Talk about the listening room? You mentioned that it was available as a kit and that some of your customers had built it, but I can't figure out what it was. It was the OB one with two planar magnetic drivers and three 8" servo woofers.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2020, 09:23 pm »
Thanks Danny.

Is one of those models the one that you showed in your Tuesday Tech Talk about the listening room? You mentioned that it was available as a kit and that some of your customers had built it, but I can't figure out what it was. It was the OB one with two planar magnetic drivers and three 8" servo woofers.

That was the Super Mini and not available right now.

windupman

« Reply #8 on: 5 Sep 2020, 03:47 pm »
That was the Super Mini and not available right now.

Thank you

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 5 Sep 2020, 05:05 pm »
Danny,

Have you ever made a list of all of the Speaker Models you have made modifications for?  :green:

PS - I think I want to order a couple of X-Over upgrades. What’s the best way? (Email, Ph, PM?)

ramx

« Reply #10 on: 7 Sep 2020, 12:47 am »
I second that question. I recall in one of the Tuesday Tech Talks Danny says he has done a lot of mods that are not listed anywhere. I'm particularly interested in knowing if he's ever done a passive crossover for the LX Minis. Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 7 Sep 2020, 07:35 pm »
Danny,

Have you ever made a list of all of the Speaker Models you have made modifications for?  :green:

PS - I think I want to order a couple of X-Over upgrades. What’s the best way? (Email, Ph, PM?)

That will be a really long list.

Just ask me about whatever speaker that you have in mind.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 7 Sep 2020, 07:36 pm »
I second that question. I recall in one of the Tuesday Tech Talks Danny says he has done a lot of mods that are not listed anywhere. I'm particularly interested in knowing if he's ever done a passive crossover for the LX Minis. Thanks!

I have not had one of those in here.

Doublej

« Reply #13 on: 7 Sep 2020, 10:22 pm »
How about HSU HB-1 MkIIs. Have you worked on them?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #14 on: 7 Sep 2020, 11:31 pm »
That will be a really long list.

Just ask me about whatever speaker that you have in mind.
Mostly curious. Every now and then I have friends that seek advice on certain speakers and one of the things I always try to take into consideration is if I know there is an “Upgrade path” through x-over upgrades. Example:BIL is currently looking at a on-wall Center channel speaker (slim line -WAF) for his system for when he remodels his house. One of them is a Klipsch and I know you have done several Klipsch, just not sure about that type.

On the other hand, I do have an old pair of Advents that were my first “real” Stereo Speakers. I know that they would need to be refoamed. I would guess that most/all of the x-over parts are shot as well, but I have many fond memories. Who knows? I think I would be bitterly disappointed in how they sound compared to what I have now.

They are the “New” Advent Large Speakers.

Doublej

« Reply #15 on: 8 Sep 2020, 12:06 am »