2001 a VMPS Oddity

John Casler

2001 a VMPS Oddity
« on: 2 Apr 2009, 08:18 pm »
 :lol:

Just logged in and this pic came up from Jakepunk.

Right ON JakePunk :rock:

I bet the Soundtrack to the movie does the concept justice. :thumb:

jakepunk

Re: 2001 a VMPS Oddity
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2009, 12:29 am »
John, I saw this thread just now.  I don't hang out on audiocircle much anymore due to work and family constraints.  I login occasionally to keep my account alive.  I looked at my VMPS speakers today and their was a cobweb between them!  I don't mean from the speaker to the floor but between the two speakers!
:duh:

I will probably end up selling my current system, but fear not: I plan on downsizing to a more modest VMPS system in the future.  I miss posting here and hope to return to a hobby I love someday.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2009, 02:35 am »
John, I saw this thread just now.  I don't hang out on audiocircle much anymore due to work and family constraints.  I login occasionally to keep my account alive.  I looked at my VMPS speakers today and their was a cobweb between them!  I don't mean from the speaker to the floor but between the two speakers!
:duh:

I will probably end up selling my current system, but fear not: I plan on downsizing to a more modest VMPS system in the future.  I miss posting here and hope to return to a hobby I love someday.

Cobweb?    :nono: :nono:

I know the work thing right now is essential (especially in today's economy) but you need a musical break at least every week. :wink:

But if you do downsize we have the 626R and 626jr that can be mini-obelisks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hipper

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2009, 08:41 am »
I've tested the sonic abilities of cobwebs and I'll think you'll find it enhances the higher frequencies.

At least it does on mine.

I recommend that Brian carries out trials as to which spider spins the best webs for sonic excellence before installing a squad of them in each speaker.

Surprisingly, as far as I'm aware, most of his competitors have overlooked this factor.