Who’s your favorite High-End dealer in the Denver area?

Ulas

Since I moved to Northern New Mexico from the San Francisco Bay Area twelve years ago, I haven’t had an opportunity to sample the crème-de-la-crème in audio gear. There is nothing here; not even in Albuquerque. I’m hoping Denver, with its larger population and more cosmopolitan atmosphere, has a few audio salons that can demonstrate the current bleeding edge in audio. If there is anything worthwhile, I’d like to drive up and spend a couple days to check it out.

What’s your experience? Who do you like? And who’s got the best gear and demonstration facilities?

PeteG

« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2004, 03:02 am »
Audio Unlimited Spring 2004 Open House Events
Saturday April 10, 2004 - 11am to 5pm
http://www.audiounlimiteddenver.com/

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
October 8, 9, and 10, 2004
http://www.audiofest.net/

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2004, 04:22 am »
I've done business with Cherry Creek Audio twice and they were very accomodating in regards to reconfiguring a room and system to meet my needs. http://www.cherrycreekaudio.com

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2004, 08:27 pm »
check these guys out:
www.bestbuy.com

Ulas

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2004, 09:54 pm »
Pez, I didn’t realize Best Buy carried Radii and VMPS. I’ll have to check them out. Maybe I’ll see you there.

Seriously, does anyone have experience with Colorado Audiophile Sound & Design?

JCarney

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2004, 12:12 am »
Quote from: Ulas
Pez, I didn’t realize Best Buy carried Radii and VMPS. I’ll have to check them out. Maybe I’ll see you there.

Seriously, does anyone have experience with Colorado Audiophile Sound & Design?

I have purchased from Randall at CAS&D, and he is a good guy. He's accomadating and pretty knowledgable. He is appointment only, but is fairly flexible. I would recommend him without hesitation.

I have purchased from Audio Unlimited in Denver, and Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, and would recommend them as well. John and Carl with Audio Unlimited are real good guys, and knowlegable, as is Rick with Audio Alternative. Between the three, you should have a pretty wide selection to chose from.

Also Jim at Sounds Real Audio in Golden is real nice guy, haven't purchased from him yet, but that could change at any time.

All of them have web sites btw.

JCarney

beat

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2004, 11:06 pm »
I'm in the same boat Ulas,
I moved here from the bay area 8 years ago. I was looking into checking some shops for SE tube amps while in denver this november. NM is dry in more ways than one. Quite the timely topic for me. BTW, Mike, I sent some beans up to my bud in littleton a couple days ago to see if he would carry them in his cafe. I gotta say, since I sent that sample to you I've gotten better. I discovered a couple roasting tricks to round out the flavor more.