YBA YA201 enough to drive Vandersteen 2ce Sigs

cpalcott

YBA YA201 enough to drive Vandersteen 2ce Sigs
« on: 29 Nov 2010, 07:36 pm »
YBA YA201 (100watts/8ohm) enough to drive Vandersteen 2ce (6ohm) or Magnepan MMG (4ohm) to moderate listening levels in moderate size open living room/dining room/kitchen with vaulted ceiling?What I have now is written below. Still getting some harshness on vocals? Especially pop recordings with female voice. Would the amp be the place to fix this? Any other suggestions? Looking to keep it simple with an integrated, but would consider seperates. Must have remote source switching, volume, and mute. I love songs, not audio equipment. I want to be able to enjoy my entire audio collection, not just the well recorded stuff. Am I on the right track for a forgiving system?

Audience aR1p Adept Response single outlet line filter>Wiremold L10320 Power Strip>ALAC streamed from Itunes (PC)>cat5e>Apple TV (previous version)>Wireworld Supernova 6 Toslink>Monarchy DIP (original)>Blue Jean Belden 1694A Coaxial 3ft RCA>Tube Audio Design TADAC with stock tubes>Monster Interconnects>Arcam AVR300 (direct stereo) 100 watts/channel biamped (200watts/speaker)> Moster speaker cable bundles>Vandereteen 2Ce Signatures (also have a pair of Magnepan MMGs).