Take a look at the new Niteshade Audio NS-40

bunky

Re: Take a look at the new Niteshade Audio NS-40
« Reply #20 on: 24 Oct 2010, 02:00 am »
I have a new matched Quad of SED Winged C 6L6GC to try in the NS-40 along with NOS Tungsol, Tungsol reissue , Rare Russian 1578 and Shugang 6SN7 varients. i really like both the 6L6 and 6SN7 tubes, the NOS Russian Military coin base 5881 power tubes that Blair uses in his 6L6 amps is also a very fine tube.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #21 on: 24 Oct 2010, 03:00 pm »
Tube rolling will be fun!

Some construction photos will be posted for progress tracking.  :D

In fact, there are going to be allot of photos next week.

bunky

« Reply #22 on: 29 Oct 2010, 09:46 pm »
Tube rolling will be fun!

Some construction photos will be posted for progress tracking.  :D

In fact, there are going to be allot of photos next week.
Hey Blair, Do you have any construction pictures to show ?  :whip:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #23 on: 29 Oct 2010, 09:56 pm »
Construction is underway now and it's coming along great! I can get some photos up tomorrow night.

BTW: I'm waiting for some name plates to come in. They're the last thing installed, so the amp will be finished before they arrive.

denjo

« Reply #24 on: 29 Oct 2010, 10:01 pm »
Hi Blair

The Niteshade Audio NS-40 looks awesome! How much would the integrated version cost, with wooden sides?

Btw, what transofrmers do you use?

Best Regards
Dennis

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #25 on: 29 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm »
Magnetics Components Inc. is making the transformers. I can make an integrated version with wood sides and two inputs for $1450.00. Ordering those two options together provides a savings of $50.00. Regular price would be $1500.00.

Our wood trim is going to be more intricate from now on, adding extra flare! I was discussing this with Mike Delnero today and he said, "I can do anything you want!" Well- that's VERY good news!

Along with that bit of good news, we talked about a new rendition of the NS-40 with the 10-inch front facing forward. This model will come standard with a full ornate wood wrap. It's going to look sleek! Depth will be 17 inches and height approx. 7 inches. Price: TBA, but it will be good!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #26 on: 30 Oct 2010, 11:56 pm »
Everything has to start somewhere...

Then we move on to a fresh application of basecoat & clearcoat finishes:

More to follow!

Guy 13

« Reply #27 on: 4 Nov 2010, 02:04 pm »
Everything has to start somewhere...

Then we move on to a fresh application of basecoat & clearcoat finishes:

More to follow!
Hi Brian and all AC members.
When will we see more pictures on the progress of the amplifier ?
It's been quite some time, since you started building that amplifier ?
Any progress or are you waiting for some parts to complete the amplifier ?
Will you keep the same home page for your Nitesgade Audio web site, honestly, according to me, it's not with a page like that that you will attract potential buyers. You have beautiful amplifier's chassis, why don't you take advantage of that ?
Again, just my opinion for what it's worth, but I am sure I am not the only one thinking this way.
Guy 13
(I am a man that is not affraid of his opinions and the consequences of his sometime controversial comments...)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #28 on: 4 Nov 2010, 02:58 pm »
All things good take time. It appears to be made from scratch and relying on deliveries and orders takes time as well.

charles

bunky

« Reply #29 on: 4 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm »
Hi Brian and all AC members.
When will we see more pictures on the progress of the amplifier ?
It's been quite some time, since you started building that amplifier ?
Any progress or are you waiting for some parts to complete the amplifier ?
Will you keep the same home page for your Nitesgade Audio web site, honestly, according to me, it's not with a page like that that you will attract potential buyers. You have beautiful amplifier's chassis, why don't you take advantage of that ?
Again, just my opinion for what it's worth, but I am sure I am not the only one thinking this way.
Guy 13
(I am a man that is not affraid of his opinions and the consequences of his sometime controversial comments...)
Who is Brian ? Blair sent me a PM yesterday and told me that the work is coming along nicely and that he will post more construction photos . he also said the badges were due in on tuesday of next week and the NS-40 would be completed before next tuesday and the only remaining step would be to install the Niteshade badge and that it is possible that it may ship out to me on next tuesday as well ....WCW III

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #30 on: 4 Nov 2010, 11:16 pm »
I will have more photos of this NS-40 and another with our new faceplate. Please understand that my work time is highly segmented. For example, I repaired a computer this morning starting at 7AM. I then started wiring two amplifiers this afternoon. NEXT, I had to do a computer service call. After that, I went back to wiring. Now...I'd like to eat dinner, do emails & forum stuff.  :D

The work day has been extended to 12 hours, 6 days a week and sometimes it exceeds that time. I'm certainly not complaining- that's just the way it is and I'm happy, but it does cause delays.

Guy 13

« Reply #31 on: 5 Nov 2010, 01:31 am »
I will have more photos of this NS-40 and another with our new faceplate. Please understand that my work time is highly segmented. For example, I repaired a computer this morning starting at 7AM. I then started wiring two amplifiers this afternoon. NEXT, I had to do a computer service call. After that, I went back to wiring. Now...I'd like to eat dinner, do emails & forum stuff.  :D

The work day has been extended to 12 hours, 6 days a week and sometimes it exceeds that time. I'm certainly not complaining- that's just the way it is and I'm happy, but it does cause delays.
Hi Blair.
I understand your situation, because it is very similar to mine here in Vietnam for the past 15 years.
Maybe you should think seriously about having some help, hiring an assitant, maybe ?
Too bad you are not in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, otherwise it would give me a good reason to go back home immediately and applied for a job at Nitesahde Audio. (Ha, ha...)
Guy 13

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #32 on: 5 Nov 2010, 01:48 am »
A toast to being busy!  :beer:

I will have to hire after a while, but not now.

bunky

« Reply #33 on: 6 Nov 2010, 12:17 am »
Hey Blair, any more construction pictures ? :whip:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #34 on: 6 Nov 2010, 12:44 am »
Yes- I'll get them posted by Sunday at the latest. I was waiting until the transformer's copper is polished. If I don't forget the stuff to do it with, that should be done tomorrow.

Guy 13

« Reply #35 on: 6 Nov 2010, 01:23 am »
Yes- I'll get them posted by Sunday at the latest. I was waiting until the transformer's copper is polished. If I don't forget the stuff to do it with, that should be done tomorrow.
Hi Blair.
At last, at long, long last we will get to see more pictures.
Tonight I won't sleep, because I will be thinking about those nice coming pictures.
Guy 13

bunky

« Reply #36 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:22 pm »
Hey Blair, any more construction pictures ? :whip:

Guy 13

« Reply #37 on: 8 Nov 2010, 12:06 am »
Hi Blair.
It's Sunday in USA !
(It's Monday morning in Vietnam)
Still no pictures of your work of art !
Have you run out of batteries or are your batteries dead for your digital camera ?
You still have until midnight !
Guy 13

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #38 on: 8 Nov 2010, 12:13 am »
Transformer's getting a coat:

Beginning of inside work:

Transformer mounting after socket wiring:

There will be two more images: Completed internal wiring & completed amp. I will supply these after the name plates have arrived. After all- it is more fun to string these along!

bunky

« Reply #39 on: 8 Nov 2010, 12:22 am »
Hey Blair, the reflection of the trannys in the crimson red pearl looks awesome  :thumb: