SOLD Belles 150A Amp For Sale SOLD

mpauly

SOLD Belles 150A Amp For Sale SOLD
« on: 31 Jan 2010, 03:45 am »
I have a Belles 150A amplifier that's sitting around doing nothing at the moment so looking to move it out for some other gear.  It's the non-Hot Rod version, but does have the upgraded vampire wire binding posts from the factory (which I believe only leaves the damping material and transformer isolation washers differentiating this from the hot-rod version).  I've owned it since 2000 and have used it sparingly as a secondary amp, in and out of office/bedroom systems.  I have all the original double boxing, power cord and owners manual.  Cosmetically it is as new with no marks what so ever.  Only regret is it's age.  Don't have a photo at the moment, but if you email me your address I can try to snap a few for you.

Original 150A reviews at Soundstage
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/duvall04.htm
http://www.soundstage.com/noisy13.htm

Hot Rod Version review at Soundstage
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belles_150a_hotrod.htm

Asking $500, but willing entertain offers and possible trades for an AV Receiver with HDMI switching and 1080p output or a partial trade for a peachtree nova.

Edit:  Also would consider a Mac Mini in trade (full or partial depending on specs).

Michael

« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 02:22 am by mpauly »

mpauly

Re: Belles 150A Amp For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2010, 09:08 pm »
Monday bump.

Is the price out of line?  Any other info people need?  I'll try to snap a few photos tonight.

Michael

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2010, 01:42 am »
Mike,

Post some pictures up so that people can see your amp. Remember, your particular design at home is 10 years old. Things happen over 10 years and people may want to be sure that the amp looks okay and functions appropriately. Apparently it hasn't been used much so the PS capacitors probably have plenty of life left in them. Also, some impetus on your side by covering shipping for example may make somebody bite. The Belles 150A isn't a light amplifier, so including shipping for ~$500 may be the ticket. I think the original price for the non Hot Rod version was $1195. The hot rod version was about $1495 and had the damping, transformer isolating washers and the vampire binding posts. FWIW, I think your particular unit has the most significant upgrade, i.e. the vampire binding posts, which should work in your favor. Your price is honestly quite good, less than 50% of original retail.

A bump for Michael  :thumb: Just trying to help.

Anand.

mpauly

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2010, 02:21 pm »
Thanks Anand. All good suggestions.

I'll try to snap photos tonight (work's been crazy and didn't have the chance the last two evenings) and add more information on payment, shipping, etc.

Michael

mpauly

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2010, 02:48 am »
Here are some photos of the Amp.  I looked it over thoroughly and I did notice a very tiny, faint scratch about 1/8" long on the top cover, barely through the paint (I couldn't get it to show on a photo).  Otherwise it's in clean, from a smoke-free, pet-free home.  As Anand pointed out, it's not a light amp (estimate about 40 lbs) so shipping will be in the neighborhood of $40-50 in the continental US.  For my asking price of $500, I'll cover shipping and insurance.  Add 3% if using paypal.  If local to NJ, zip 07016, you can pick up for $450.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael

mpauly

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2010, 06:29 pm »
Bump...  Couple of people interested, but no takers.  Offers?

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2010, 01:23 pm »
Hi,

Good luck with the sale.  How often do we see posts on audiocircle looking for amplifier recommendations that won't break the bank and sound good.

This amplifier would fit the bill for a lot of new comers or people with limited budget.

Regards

Rocket

colhogan

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2010, 11:22 am »
I'm interested..
Patrick
mp1905@cox.net

mpauly

« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2010, 10:25 pm »
I'm interested..
Patrick
mp1905@cox.net

Patrick,

Sent you an email.  Let me know if there's any information I can provide for you.

Michael

Michael

sl_1800

« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:52 am »
I heard one of these in my own system back in the day and I thought it was a great amp.

mpauly

« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2010, 02:19 am »
Thanks for the positive words (and the bump).  It really is a great amp, with plenty of power to drive moderately difficult loads.  I've gotten quite a few 'is it still available' pm's and emails, but when I tell them it's still up for sale, I don't hear anything back.  Guess just people taking polls.

Maybe it's the economy, who knows, but thought this would sell pretty quickly.  Still up for entertaining offers.

Michael

mpauly

« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2010, 03:13 am »
OK Anand, now you've got me thinking this one over.  I just went and emailed David to see what upgrades he can do on this amp to bring it up to the latest specs. 

Someone stop me and buy this before I dump more money into it and keep it for myself.

Michael

Edit: Now that's just weird.  I replied to a post by anand and now his post is no longer there. Strange.

Kent06403

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2010, 01:28 am »
Michael,
Don't know how far down in NJ you are, but I am interested. How old are they? Would you be willing to hook them up for a little demo if I come down?  Email me direct at kent06403@yahoo.com and I can call you back. Thanks

mpauly

« Reply #13 on: 15 Feb 2010, 01:54 am »
Michael,
Don't know how far down in NJ you are, but I am interested. How old are they? Would you be willing to hook them up for a little demo if I come down?  Email me direct at kent06403@yahoo.com and I can call you back. Thanks

Email sent.  The amp is 10 years old. It's a single stereo amp, not two monos (your post mentioned 'they' and 'them'....).

Michael

mpauly

« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2010, 08:19 pm »
Bump....still available.

mpauly

« Reply #15 on: 2 Mar 2010, 02:58 pm »
weekly bump

Big Red Machine

« Reply #16 on: 2 Mar 2010, 03:18 pm »
This is a nice amp guys.  Anyone wanting to move up to separates with a modest system could do well with this amp.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #17 on: 2 Mar 2010, 03:36 pm »
For $500, you'd be very hard pressed to find anything of this quality, much less anything better - especially if it's the upgraded version.

Bryan

cbcryer

« Reply #18 on: 7 Mar 2010, 04:04 am »
Michael,
I'm interested in the amp. Do you have a preference for payment method.

Curt

mpauly

« Reply #19 on: 7 Mar 2010, 01:14 pm »
Amp is still for sale.

PM sent.

Michael