Line Array White Paper

FredT300B

Line Array White Paper
« on: 17 Apr 2008, 11:17 pm »
Somebody just pointed out to me that the link to Jim Griffin's white paper no longer works. Anybody have any idea what happened to the site? Jim, is there some other place we can link to?  :scratch:

Jim Griffin

Re: Line Array White Paper
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2008, 02:36 am »
Fred,

Jim Salk has apparently decided to discontinue his AudioDIYCentral web site which hosted the white paper.  In the past I've tried to minimize any dispersion of the white paper among various web sites.  I'm open to suggestions on where to host it at this point.  I prefer to have a single reliable source which will have some matter of stability rather than just let it be found on various sites.

Jim       

Marbles

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2008, 02:59 am »
Geez Jim, let's see if we can't find a way to host it here.

The first time I heard line arrays, they were Rick Craigs at the Lima Audio Fest.  They were your designs.  They blew me away.

The next year I was very exited to learn you were there, but your room was not conducive to your speakers.

As I learned later, the room you were supposed to have had was ruined by water and they put you up in a much smaller room.

Anyway, you know what you are talking about as far as line arrays.  If I were to have anyone build me a pair, I would insist on you being a consultant.

John? any mods or facilitators here?  What do you say to hosting the most thorough white paper on line arrays? 

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2008, 03:44 am »
If there was one or a small number of people willing to facilitate a contributed papers circle, then it would be fairly straightforward to do.

(It's kind of a hack, but the idea would be that a facilitator of this circle would received submitted papers, and post a thread for each submission, attaching the paper. They would also be responsible for putting up updates.)

Jim Griffin

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2008, 02:45 am »
The new home for the 'Near Field Line Array White Paper' is:

http://www.audioroundtable.com/misc/NFLAWP.PDF

Jim

Jim Griffin

Correction on New URL for the Near Field Line Array White Paper
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008, 10:17 am »
The new URL needs to be in lower case so try this:

http://www.audioroundtable.com/misc/nflawp.pdf

Sorry about the earlier screw-up.