Sickness Sucks!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Sickness Sucks!
« on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:38 pm »
Man, I was down with a flu that really knocked me out.  There was a point where taking each breath was painful and I had constant ringing in my ears.  Trust me, I did not care about the little things we debate ad nauseam on cables and what not.  All that comes when you are feeling well. 

So here is to every one on AC.  May you have a very healthy 2008 so that we can discuss the merits of this speaker and that and all things audio.  :thumb:

loki1957

Re: Sickness Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:46 pm »
I with ya man. I had two weeks of intestinal cramps. Diarrhea for days and the constipation for days. Great subject. Eh

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2008, 02:18 pm »
Amen brother.... I've been down all week.   You never appriciate good health until its gone.    I didn't sleep for two nights and never realized what kind of crap was on late night television.   

The only good thing about all of this is that I'm well on the way to accomplishing my New Years goal of loosing 20lbs.   Watch what you ask for...... you may get it.   

On another note.... I had plenty of time to think about the flu.   Imagine an epidemic like the one of 1918.   It killed somewhere between 20-40 million people.   It would bring the world economy to a complete halt if something similiar occured today.

I had a little bird,
Its name was Enza.
I opened the window,
And in-flu-enza.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2008, 02:54 pm by Kevin Haskins »

ohenry

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2008, 02:58 pm »
Man... I just sprayed Lysol on my screen!!!

Get well soon! :green:

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2008, 03:16 pm »
This is getting to be TMI (Too Much Information)  :o

Glad to hear everyone's getting back to health.  Being sick is definitely the pits.

Tom

nodiak

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2008, 03:19 pm »
The after xmas crud got me too, and does many years. I've lived in an older apt. the last few years and found that if I thoroughly clean the heaters of dust etc. before turning them on for the season our "flu" season is much milder. I use soap and water and take the grilles into the tub for a scrub and shower. Helps us noticebly.
Don

soundbitten1

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2008, 04:49 pm »
I felt like I was coming down with a sinus infection so I bought a neti pot and tried it out . It offers good relief for a few hours and my sinuses are progressively getting better .

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2008, 04:52 pm »
 flu, intestinal cramps, Diarrhea, constipation ....... You guys have any more photos?
You know how much we love pics around here.  aa

Bob - (Not sick)

nodiak

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2008, 04:59 pm »
 :lol: oh man, the well cleavaged woman with blue squirter thing in her nose bent over a bowl... :lol:
todays screen saver. thanks. I don't doubt it works btw, just a funny shot.

soundbitten1

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2008, 05:01 pm »

nodiak

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2008, 05:03 pm »
that can help the flu too, Frank was a genius

edit: over the net comments can go astray, I'm not putting the neti pot down at all. I've been sucking water into my nose/sinuses and sneezing it out for years. It works great to clear them, but I didn't teach my son to do it as in my experience it's not culturally approved, so I'm waiting until he's an adult and can handle any teasing that may result  :lol:.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2008, 05:14 pm by nodiak »

ohenry

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2008, 05:09 pm »
...Bob - (Not sick)

That's debatable.   :lol:

Sorry Bob, it was too tempting. :)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm »
No problem Henry, kudos to you for catching that one.  :lol: :thumb:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #13 on: 4 Feb 2008, 03:21 pm »
I've been out with flue sympt's myself for some days now.
Feeling better at last!!!
After a while I tried to seek Chuck Norris help (We all know there is NOTHING that man can't kick!!)... That was a bad IDEA!!!

Now I'm nervous...*Sniffles..*

What am I gonna do?

:surrender:

Imperial

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 4 Feb 2008, 04:43 pm »
I've got in spades, too- muscle aches, chills, cough, etc.  I hate being sick.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 4 Feb 2008, 05:11 pm »
After a while I tried to seek Chuck Norris help (We all know there is NOTHING that man can't kick!!)... That was a bad IDEA!!!

:rotflmao: :thumb:
That's funny stuff. I actually fell for it........ :roll: But I did find the link that shows "the" page.

Bob

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #16 on: 4 Feb 2008, 06:13 pm »
Hehe.
I just said to the germs... "I'll include my name and address in the next google for Chuck..."
You should have seen them running! I've never seen some one bug out that fast before..

:thumb: Feeling most okay here now!!

Imperial

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #17 on: 4 Feb 2008, 07:43 pm »
hi rim,

i hope you're better, by now.  funny, i should trip over this thread, here sick at home today... :roll:  the past coupla nites, the only way i've been able to get any sleep is semi-sitting up.  i hope tonite will be better...

doug s.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #18 on: 4 Feb 2008, 09:07 pm »
hi rim,

i hope you're better, by now.  funny, i should trip over this thread, here sick at home today... :roll:  the past coupla nites, the only way i've been able to get any sleep is semi-sitting up.  i hope tonite will be better...

doug s.

If it's the same thing that's been going around, drink a lot of herbal tea -- ones with licorice, elacampane and/or camomile help.  Once you get to the coughing stage (most wretching and painful cough), Mucinex helped.  I double dosed on it only because I remembered the Guaifenesin concentration from a prescription I had for a case of pink eye.  I am telling you you have a lot to cough up.  I was a day short of checking myself in to check for pneumonia.  Take care and good luck.  I quarantined myself in the basement for a week to spare Robin and it worked.  She was spared.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #19 on: 4 Feb 2008, 09:16 pm »
yup, a lotta painful hacking going on last nite.   :|  today has been a bit better...  thanks for the tips, i will start in on the herbals & guaifenesin...

doug s.
hi rim,

doug s.

If it's the same thing that's been going around, drink a lot of herbal tea -- ones with licorice, elacampane and/or camomile help.  Once you get to the coughing stage (most wretching and painful cough), Mucinex helped.  I double dosed on it only because I remembered the Guaifenesin concentration from a prescription I had for a case of pink eye.  I am telling you you have a lot to cough up.  I was a day short of checking myself in to check for pneumonia.  Take care and good luck.  I quarantined myself in the basement for a week to spare Robin and it worked.  She was spared.